Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Bella is scared of hoovers and people, when ever the hoover is switched on she barks at it and tries to eat it:confused: .
    I was just wondering as you do, does anybody else have a pet with a fear of the hoover or anything else, or is it just Bell

sorry if its in the wrong place

ReputationRep:
    My dog's scared of it too. We just put him in his bedroom or in the stables while we clean.

ReputationRep:
    virtually all dogs are scared of hoovers
    couldnt tell you why though...
    mine always run to the end of the drive and sit there for like an hour whenever it's switched on :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theredwindmill)
    Bella is scared of hoovers and people, when ever the hoover is switched on she barks at it and tries to eat it:confused: .
    I was just wondering as you do, does anybody else have a pet with a fear of the hoover or anything else, or is it just Bell

sorry if its in the wrong place
    I think all dogs are scared of hoovers

ReputationRep:
    yay its not just my dog . its odd because the other 2 dogs don't really mind it

ReputationRep:
    My dog hates the hoover. He runs to his bed and sulks whenever it is been used.

ReputationRep:
    I think the sound must be pretty deafening for the dogs. I can hardly stand it myself

ReputationRep:
    my dog used to bark at the hoover when he was a puppy but we just ignored him and now he doesn't even notice when it's on so much so my dad almost hoovered up his tail one day when he was asleep on the floor and refused to move

my dog is in general very laid back but now thanks to my brother flying his electronic helicopter thing directly at him, my little baby is terrified of it and runs out the room crying, i'm gradually trying to get him used to it by rewarding him with food when it's in the room (not moving) and he's gradually calming down :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    Mines scared of the hoover when its on, he barks at it and hten hides behind you.. while your using it which doesnt help as he gets more scared. However when you use the hose he legs it.

When its off he uses it as a pillow tho

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.