Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    God cant believe theres nearly a month to left to wait for the results! i want to know now!

ReputationRep:
    3 weeks and 6 days

ReputationRep:
    I received a text on my phone - that's the style of my Uni haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mire)
    I received a text on my phone - that's the style of my Uni haha
    mine sent a carrier pidgeon,

only joking i havent got them yet.

ReputationRep:
    I heard that some people get letters from their unis saying congratulations!!

ReputationRep:
    i got a letter congratulating me on my confirmed uni place the day of the results, about 8am, i didn't realise what it was until i had opened and read the letter.

ReputationRep:
    UCAS, but that was an unconditonal as I already had my results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheonixx)
    i got a letter congratulating me on my confirmed uni place the day of the results, about 8am, i didn't realise what it was until i had opened and read the letter.
    oh cool!!! my post comes really late though... 11... or sometimes even one! so i guess that would be no good. i think i'll be relying on the website up until i get my results

ReputationRep:
    I got an 'owl'. Lulz.

Nah I checked my ucas before going to college to get my results.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone managed to get on UCAS at 12am last year. The year before there was meant to be a glitch where a few people managed to get on then.

It did come online quite early though at like 8am I was able to log in and see if I had got in.

ReputationRep:
    I did a BTEC so i got my results weeks before the a-level results came out. I missed out on the constant refreshing of UCAS

ReputationRep:
    i checked ucas when i woke up at about 7 30, it was really nice to know id gotten in, but i was still v nervous when i went to get my results!

ReputationRep:
    I thought this thread was about my offer....I called up the Uni and they mistook me for a careers advisor and told me a week before anyone else knew!

hah!

Im not picking up my paper results til the afternoon when everyones gone home, I hate nosey obnoxious people, I also hate having to deal with friends who didn't get what they wanted....what can you say?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reilly)
    I thought this thread was about my offer....I called up the Uni and they mistook me for a careers advisor and told me a week before anyone else knew!

hah!

Im not picking up my paper results til the afternoon when everyones gone home, I hate nosey obnoxious people, I also hate having to deal with friends who didn't get what they wanted....what can you say?!?!

wow, what did you say to the uni??? hmmm, i should try that lol! what uni was it can i ask?

Did you do A-levels then?

I know what you mean about nosey people - strange how people that you don't even speak to in your classes suddenly start asking what grade you got!

ReputationRep:
    I came home some time in the afternoon from having some beers at a park with my friends, checked my results online and saw that they met the conditions.

ReputationRep:
    Letter came in the post before I got to school to collect my results.

ReputationRep:
    My firm's offer was ridiculously low and they loved me so much that they probably would have taken me if I had gotten lower than the offer (not to mention the fact my prediction was 10 IB points higher, lol), so I always knew I'd get in :p:

ReputationRep:
    Check UCAS before I went into sixth form last year, said I had an unconditional from my insurance but my firm hadn't updated (even if you get your firm, insurance also goes to unconditional). Went into school, got my results and I missed my firm by two grades.. called them a couple of hours later to beg and they said I'd got in anyway! Nerve racking stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I found out at about 7am on UCAS Track!

ReputationRep:
    Its scarey to think this will be me in 2 years time.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.