how to make history revision notes??

Watch
popsy354
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
how do you recommend making history revision notes? There is so much information and i have a habit of writing too much soo my notes arent very efficient. I have mocks coming up and I really want to make notes which I can use in for the real gcse as well - any recommendations please?
A giant chicken
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't.
popsy354
Rep:
?
(Original post by A giant chicken)
Don't.
how did you revise for history? (assuming you did it for gcses)
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't make notes, it does veyr little good! Use the notes you already have and annotate them with the causes and effects of each event, and get someone to test you on them so that you're doing active recall.
Anonymous28271
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by popsy354)
how do you recommend making history revision notes? There is so much information and i have a habit of writing too much soo my notes arent very efficient. I have mocks coming up and I really want to make notes which I can use in for the real gcse as well - any recommendations please?
What exam board do u do?
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
With pen and paper?
popsy354
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous28271)
What exam board do u do?
edexcel igcse

and in terms of topics im doing:
Germany: development of dictatorship, 1918–45
A divided union: civil rights in the USA, 1945–74
Russia and the Soviet Union, 1905–24
Changes in medicine, c1848–c1948
mhudson2015
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What I tend to do is just make short notes summing everything up. Make sure you have dates. For the case study just learn everything there is about it, cos I did that and got full marks. What I normally do is read through the textbook on a certain topic, then watch an AudioPi (they are actually really good) and then do a practice question in timed conditions. Our teacher gave us a RAG specification, so we can colour code which topics were are weakest and focus on them. Hope this helps
popsy354
Rep:
?
(Original post by mhudson2015)
What I tend to do is just make short notes summing everything up. Make sure you have dates. For the case study just learn everything there is about it, cos I did that and got full marks. What I normally do is read through the textbook on a certain topic, then watch an AudioPi (they are actually really good) and then do a practice question in timed conditions. Our teacher gave us a RAG specification, so we can colour code which topics were are weakest and focus on them. Hope this helps
Yes that is very helpful thank you! Just wondering, what is a RAG specification? xx
mhudson2015
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes that is very helpful thank you! Just wondering, what is a RAG specification? xx
Basically a RAG specification, is a document with all the sub-topics. Once we have finished a topic we decide if we are confident or not on the topic (green=confident, red=needs more work). This is helpful for revision because it means you don’t need to go through all the topics to work out which ones need to be worked on. Really recommend it
casabonita
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
small flashcards --- write names, key dates and a very small summary of each event that happened
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
8.99%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (59)
66.29%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (12)
13.48%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
10.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed