The Student Room Group

University of CAMBRIDGE

if I got B's in science at gcses, do you think it'd be possible to get accepted to do medicine at Cambridge with good a levels, as grades and a great bmat score.
Ik that Cambridge has less emphasis on GCSEs. However, medicine is such a competitive degree I think you’ll have less chance due to the other applicant’s profile. But they also take in consideration what type of school is and the results they normally use and compare it to your results (e.g. if you had high GCSEs from a school that doesn’t do well, that’s pretty impressive and vice versa) so maybe. I hope you do well on your exams; good luck :smile:
Reply 2
You’d probably have to ace your a levels and the bmat. This is more important than GCSEs. Cambridge do interview a greater percentage of applicants than Oxford I believe, so you would have a good chance of an interview if you do well in the bmat and a levels. The interview is very important so if you do very well in that alongside other things you shouldn’t be too concerned about GCSEs (unless many applicants are of your standard in other areas which is why you will have to work hard to be better than them in these areas if they have better GCSEs than you).
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
nice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending