The Student Room Group

Oxford biomed interview

Hey guys, I just had my interviews yesterday at Trinity and St. Hilda’s. I found the interviews alright. A lot of people said that it’s actually a good sign to find the interviews hard and think you’ve done horribly as that shows that the professors see you as a good candidate and want to challenge you. The professors I had interviews with were not really that pushy from the beginning, does that mean that they’re not interested in me? What makes an applicant stand out if everyone has done reasonably well?
P.S. Other biomed applicants I met also said they did alright.
Reply 1
I believe interviews are most of what decides if you get an offer, but when and since its usually close, they will consider all the other factors of your application too, such as grades, admissions test score etc.

You can't really read into the interview, trying to make a guess about if it was good or bad that they did a certain thing is pointless. I've talked to people who did really well and then didn't get an offer and others who came out crying after their interviews but are now studying in Oxford. It is impossible to gauge how well you truly have done.
People are terrible at telling how well they did. Just wait for Jan 14.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending