The Student Room Group

deferring a uni place

i don't know whether to apply for a deferred place or defer my place after i have an offer? it says on the UCAS website that if you're applying for a deferred place to include in your personal statement why you want to defer and what you plan on doing with your year off. however one of the unis i'm applying to doesn't accept deferrals so that wouldn't apply to them. not sure what the best option is..
Original post by katyahdunmur
i don't know whether to apply for a deferred place or defer my place after i have an offer? it says on the UCAS website that if you're applying for a deferred place to include in your personal statement why you want to defer and what you plan on doing with your year off. however one of the unis i'm applying to doesn't accept deferrals so that wouldn't apply to them. not sure what the best option is..

You don’t need to mention your reasons for deferring in your PS and you don’t need to defer all your choices - so you can apply for 2021 entry for 4 choices and 2020 for the choice that doesn’t accept it.

Generally the earlier you defer the better but universities aren’t ********s about applicants wanting more time to save/mature before committing to a degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending