The Student Room Group

Wrong grade given on exam result paper.

I received the wrong grade on the exam result paper they give out, as I have just received the official certificates in the post today, and realized I got a grade higher than stated on the results paper from my school. The grade would have allowed me to have done history, but due to the mistake I couldn't. I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done about it.
Original post by atomic26
I received the wrong grade on the exam result paper they give out, as I have just received the official certificates in the post today, and realized I got a grade higher than stated on the results paper from my school. The grade would have allowed me to have done history, but due to the mistake I couldn't. I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done about it.

If you’re in Year 12 and really want to take History still, you could by all means try and talk to teachers straight away to see if anything can be done. However, you’d have missed a term’s work so would have a lot of catch up; if you do three A Levels you could probably manage switching, but it would be hard work and I’d only recommend switching if you don’t enjoy one of your current subjects, or if you think you’d get a much better grade in History A Level compared to one of your current A Levels - perhaps speak to your teachers and ask their advice. But yes - if you still want to switch there is nothing wrong with politely asking to see what can be done.
Hi @atomic26,

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. Have you submitted your UCAS university application yet?

I would advise emailing your teachers and even your head teacher first to see who can help you get to the bottom of this. They may be able to contact the exam board directly to see if it is the school's mistake or the exam board's mistake.

If you have submitted your application your teachers may also be able to help you contact UCAS to resolve this as it is a problem beyond your control, although I'm not sure if they offer extenuating circumstances for submitting another application.

I hope this helps,
- Ella
Reply 3
You can ask your sixth from if they'd let you change subjects now but, honestly, chaning now probably wouldn't be a good idea. It sounds as though you have now scraped through the requirements to study A level history so you are likely to find catching up on a term's work really hard.

Quick Reply

Latest