The Student Room Group

Questioning whether i should switch courses or stick with current

I really have a passion for physics and would love to do a course in it. I got a U in AS Maths and an E in A Level physics which I self studied due to not meeting my schools requirement of an A in GCSE . (I got a B) If I get 65% overall in the engineering foundation I can do physics. Currently I am doing a management course which I am liking at the moment. I am unsure if I should switch or stay.
Original post by Dalekcaan
I really have a passion for physics and would love to do a course in it. I got a U in AS Maths and an E in A Level physics which I self studied due to not meeting my schools requirement of an A in GCSE . (I got a B) If I get 65% overall in the engineering foundation I can do physics. Currently I am doing a management course which I am liking at the moment. I am unsure if I should switch or stay.

If you want to do Physics, a management course isn't really going to help you there. Trouble is, without an A level (or equivalent) in physics, it will be impossible to do a degree in it. Have you looked into going to a local college to resit it, or do a foundation course in it?
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
If you want to do Physics, a management course isn't really going to help you there. Trouble is, without an A level (or equivalent) in physics, it will be impossible to do a degree in it. Have you looked into going to a local college to resit it, or do a foundation course in it?

I am considering switching to the foundation year in engineering which will let me do physics if I get a 65% total module mark. However I do not know if I should switch or not because I like the course I am currently doing which is the management course.
Original post by Dalekcaan
I am considering switching to the foundation year in engineering which will let me do physics if I get a 65% total module mark. However I do not know if I should switch or not because I like the course I am currently doing which is the management course.

What will you use your management course to do? Will you be satisfied with the kinds of careers it can allow you to do?

Additionally, do you know how likely it is to get 65% in engineering? What is your back-up if you choose to do it but don't meet the minimum grade needed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending