Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Helplz333)
How is the social life, night life, lectures at Lancaster University
Hello,
I can't tell you what lectures will be like since this will depend on the course you're studying.
However, I can let you know what the social life is like.
So on campus there's 9 colleges which each has its own bar/social space/study space and each college has a 'JCR' (basically elected students who run events) - they organise winter balls, freshers week and end of term celebrations as well as trips away and nights out in other cities. Societies are always running events and socials on and off campus. Off campus, the town has quite a big pub culture so there's loads of places to get food and drink and also do pub quizzes, karaoke etc, especially as some pubs turn into more bar/clubs later in the night. There's two main clubs in Lancaster. There's The Sugarhouse which is owned by the SU, and there's free buses to and from it and it's students only - it's the most popular one and you'll definitely be there in freshers week. There's also Dalton Rooms which is open more often in the week and until later, and they tend to have alternative nights.
Let me know if you have any questions or anything I can help you with.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
6.94%
They've been reasonable (71)
41.04%
Not feeling great... (45)
26.01%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
26.01%

Watched Threads