The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Join a league. Practice with friends. Get professional training (which will cost).
Reply 2
There will be a lot more than just football for social connections at uni. Trust me. Your school sounds a bit **** if all they do is talk about/play football.
Join a 5 or 6 a side team

get your fitness up as fitnes splays a big aprt in hwo you play

practice by yourself or with a friend with a football.
Anonymous
Right, so this is really embarrassing, and people at my school know I suck - but its just, I feel that people use football as a sort of social connection utility, you know, something that everyone can talk about? (Anon or delete please)

So, before uni, I want to get better at football.

Advice?

Get out there and practise, instead of posting on TSR and absent-mindedly picking your nose.
Practice?
why is this in h+r lol?..anyways...train...practice with ya mates,join a team, do the basics in your garden-heading, passing etc
Reply 7
Just grab your friends and go for a kickaround on the park - pick sympathetic friends who won't mock you. I do it with my friends every holiday and it's just a regular part of our social life, now. Though, to be fair, all I do most times is sit and cheer on the guys...
practice makes perfect :yep: so go and practice in the park or somthing like that :smile:
Reply 9
With bungling goons.
Reply 10
... and I don't know anyone who's at uni who has not been able to make friends due to the lack of their football playing abilities.
Reply 11
Sometimes I just practice in the garden... play with your dad or siblings if you have any
Get out of H+R and go to the park...?

what do you expect us to say,
Just practice...anyway, why do you feel you NEED to be good at football to fit in at university...what shallow city do you live in
laugh if he said birmingham now you have said that:wink:
Reply 14
Practice. Practice. Practice. :smile:
Reply 15
I'm crap at football but play most days and talk about football all the time. You don't need to be good, but if you want to get better practice.
Reply 16
Buy a football and kick it repeatedly against a wall outside.
Just get a ball and go to the park early in the morning. Practice, practice, practice. Get a mate who knows the basics and practice with him if you like.

It's not a difficult game. It's just about sticking it into the net and if you can't give it to someone who's in a better position to do so.

If you play football more hawt girls will also want to be with you.

I'm just glad you're willing to give football a chance y'know? 'cause a lot of men want to be chefs and have no interest in football. No wonder England didn't qualify for Euro 2008 :rolleyes:
Reply 18
Anonymous
I feel that people use football as a sort of social connection utility, you know, something that everyone can talk about? (Anon or delete please)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6EbPsK6shaQ
Why is this in H&R? Take it to fitness or sports.

Basically, practice and get fitter. It's not rocket science.

Latest

Trending

Trending