dan150999
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
in natural sciences shall I take biology or biochemistry? which is more useful and more interesting. i don't care about plants. I quite enjoyed learning process (respiration, photosynthesis, glycolysis) and I also like the medical side of human biology so which one suits me more?
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by dan150999)
in natural sciences shall I take biology or biochemistry? which is more useful and more interesting. i don't care about plants. I quite enjoyed learning process (respiration, photosynthesis, glycolysis) and I also like the medical side of human biology so which one suits me more?
Biochemistry and It overlaps into the medical side!
Kiraz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by dan150999)
Professors in my uni says it will be interesting to see biochemistry students if they dont have A level chemistry qualification lol. I haven't met one person that said they are doing biochemistry though. We are all mixed up at the moment; biology, molecular biology, genetics and ofcourse biochemistry etc. I think biochemistry students do couple of extra chemistry classes. I wish I did biochemistry but didn't do A levels chemistry. So doing genetics but most likely will register to molecular biology next year. Talked to my supervisor about it and he suggested I do biology as covers everything that I am interested. Any questions feel free to ask.
Kiraz
Christy6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
How is the genetics course?
Kiraz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It is great at the moment. Not much genetics lectures though. Next term no genetics lectures at all. Mostly cell biology and plant biology. Got 4 exams next week with molecular biology, microbiology, plant biology and genetics. Bricking it lol 😂
Christy6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Oh that’s interesting. Thank you for the reply and good luck with your exams
Christy6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Also what are the career opportunities available to you by studying genetics?
incompletions
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Christy6)
Also what are the career opportunities available to you by studying genetics?
As well as the usual academic jobs (research fellow/lecturer etc), you could be making GMOs through breeding, lab technician, clinical trials depending on your past experience. Studying it as a module will give you a boost on the molecular biology side of things. https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-...egree/genetics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise