Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So we're all staying on, has anyone got an EMA form yet? I don't want to miss payments because I waited until the start of term, will that happen?

ReputationRep:
    if you do miss handing in the form, you get back payments, thats what i got becuase my EMA didnt properly go through 6 weeks after i started. so i got a nice lump sum of back payments

ReputationRep:
    They will probably just backdate it.

ReputationRep:
    You need to aply as soon as possible or you won't get it next year, or you'll have to wait until January to start receiving it. Talk to your EMA co-ordinator, or look up their website, and register as soon as possible.

Gotta love EMA. It's funding my many habits...

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me, where the **** is my application form??? i ordered it ages ago, still hasn't arrived. They said you'd be able to do it online but apparently they're not doing it anymore, so you have get an application pack.

ReputationRep:
    Back payments, should have thought of that. I'll phone up for an application form tomorrow

That cash is going to come in useful. It's in university when the real financial crisis kicks in..

ReputationRep:
    What will people do with their EMA money? (this isn't intended to a big moan about not getting it myself, I'm just interested)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Hazzle*)
    What will people do with their EMA money? (this isn't intended to a big moan because I won't get it, I'm just interested)
    I used it to subsidise my lunch money, buy train tickets that i needed and buy myself clothes.

ReputationRep:
    They'll give you the money through backpayments

ReputationRep:
    What will people do with their EMA money? (this isn't intended to a big moan about not getting it myself, I'm just interested)
    If I had it, I'd spend it on textbooks, paying my already half-price train fare to college, pens and pencils and maybe a polished apple for "Sir".

ReputationRep:
    I have misssed about 20 weeks of EMA since I've been doing my AS-level!!.

I hate my college, we have to get a signature from every lesson we go to, so we can prove we've been in, and when we miss a week, we dont have much of a chance of claiming the weeks EMA and miss out on the free money.

I've got my EMA form for A2 but not give it in yet.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds annoying jabed, but maybe that's only for colleges? I'm going to a prestigious grammar school 6th form, so hopefully there will be somewhat more trust.

No idea, probably save it. I'm getting a lift to 6th form still, and even if I didn't I'd use my bike. Sandwiches and fruit for lunch. To be honest I can't see myself actually using much of the cash, I'm not turning it down though!

Sadly all proper 6th form students suffer from those who go to 6th form purely to take advantage of the EMA, and don't even get educated..

ReputationRep:
    I was relying on being able to fill form in online but got email saying that they're **** and I have to get a form from my school. it was a bit weird since I've already left that school, but I'd rather get it all sorted out now so I don't have to faff at the start of term.

Just waiting for our tax credit entitlement thing to come back, then I'm all ready for my £30 per week

to be spent on.... minimising debt at uni, yay!

or clothes...
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I don't get EMA

ReputationRep:
    The EMA offices place is having technical problems at the moment, I rang them up the other day, they've got a big backlog at the moment. My advice is to either ring them up, or wait till the end of the week when they'll hopefully have fixed the problem they're having!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piece_by_piece)
    I don't get EMA
    Me neither, I wish I got free money .

ReputationRep:
    I don't get EMA
    I do :p: Can't wait till it starts arriving :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Me neither, I wish I got free money .
    I wish my parents earned buckets of cash :rolleyes:

How much per week is everyone getting?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by RoadWarrior)
    I do :p: Can't wait till it starts arriving :woo:
    Don't rub it in :mad: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Don't rub it in :mad: :p:
    ok (:woo: ) :p:

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.