The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

imtired
This reminds me, where the **** is my application form??? i ordered it ages ago, still hasn't arrived. They said you'd be able to do it online but apparently they're not doing it anymore, so you have get an application pack.

Exactly, i phoned them up three times and it still hasn't arrived..
Phone your local connexions service and they should post you one.
Reply 21
It's annoying when people get jealous that they don't receive EMA... it's as though you want to have a lower quality of life! People should be happier that they can't get EMA because their parent's income is £30k+
Shask
I wish my parents earned buckets of cash :rolleyes:

The thing is though is that you're getting £30/wk (for instance) in what is effectively state pocket-money. All us richies get about £20/month and even if, after necessary expenses, you only have £10 left over - that's double what people from advantaged families get.

I have one question though, does EMA discontinue if you have a part-time job or do you still get it?

Sk1ILz

It's annoying when people get jealous that they don't receive EMA... it's as though you want to have a lower quality of life! People should be happier that they can't get EMA because their parent's income is £30k+

I have a friend who's got a PS3, a TV in his room and his own laptop. He will receive EMA. I will not receive EMA and I have none of those things. Why does he get it? Because his parents are divorced (I know it's sad but he's over it now), his dad who he lives with earns less than £30k but the amount which his mum pays his family per month is not declared as income. Lower quality of life my arse. :wink: :rolleyes:
electriic_ink
The thing is though is that you're getting £30/wk (for instance) in what is effectively state pocket-money. All us richies get about £20/month and even if, after necessary expenses, you only have £10 left over - that's double what people from advantaged families get.

I have one question though, does EMA discontinue if you have a part-time job or do you still get it?

I have a friend who's got a PS3, a TV in his room and his own laptop. He will receive EMA. I will not receive EMA and I have none of those things. Why does he get it? Because his parents are divorced (I know it's sad but he's over it now), his mum who he lives with earns less than £30k but the amount which his dad pays his family per month is not declared as income. Lower quality of life my arse. :wink: :rolleyes:

As far as i know, you still get EMA even if you have a part time job.
Sk1lLz

That's not a fair comment. My dad moved to a lower paid job at the end of my first year at college (as level) so I was technically able to recive EMA then as i was below the cut-off (moved right to the £30 a week one) but they wouldn't allow it as we had to wait till the end of the tax year (march) till i could recieve it. Which is a load of ***** as if he still had that money from a year before :s-smilie: and by that time i was nearly finished college so it was pointless. and FYI not all those who do not recieve EMA get cash handed to them by their parents. I had to get a part time job and pay for all my clothes, train tickets, food etc myself and from experience, most of the people who i know who get EMA don't get a part time job as EMA pays their way (although i am not saying everyone who recieves it doesn't have a job). So don't just assume things!
Reply 25
electriic_ink

What a load of crap - who says that "richies" get 20/month?

electriic_ink

I'm pretty sure you still get it, but you need to attend a certain amount of education to qualify for it.
Reply 26
Shask
I wish my parents earned buckets of cash :rolleyes:

My parents don't just give me money :rolleyes:, I have to show I deserve it, I don't get loads either. I'm not one of those spoilt children who get whatever they want :cool:.

I have nothing against people getting EMA btw. I know I shouldn't complain about not getting it.

Latest

Trending

Trending