The Student Room Group

Which Oxford college is right for me?

I'm applying to oxford as a postgraduate and am a bit daunted by choosing a college. I'd like to live on-site as I know quite a few postgraduate students live off site. I'd also like to be close to the town centre or maybe slightly north. I also like the old style colleges. Oh and also they need to do the MSc Mathematical Sciences course lol.
If you can go to the open days, then I really recommend that you go and visit the colleges. Don’t choose one based on statistics on getting in, whatever you do. Choose it based on how much you can see yourself going there.

If you can’t decide, I believe you can always do an open application (like I did) but bear in mind you may end up being put somewhere you don’t like. It’s up to you to decide what’s best.

Accommodation and prices is also something to consider, and like you said distance as well. However I will say make sure you keep an open mind and don’t let certain things completely persuade you.

Best of luck
I don't know much about graduate entry and sadly the open days are very much geared to undergrads, but still worth going to.

What I do know is that Merton has a lot of graduate accommodation, a large student body, near the city centre (a bit south) and old. No idea if it offers your course!
Reply 3
Original post by nexttime
I don't know much about graduate entry and sadly the open days are very much geared to undergrads, but still worth going to.

What I do know is that Merton has a lot of graduate accommodation, a large student body, near the city centre (a bit south) and old. No idea if it offers your course!

Thank you.

What are your thoughts on St. Johns? I think that might be my front runner atm. Is it true it's a bit over-subscribed?
Original post by Trackstar
Thank you.

What are your thoughts on St. Johns? I think that might be my front runner atm. Is it true it's a bit over-subscribed?

St John's has a lot of money. I don't know anything more about the grad side of things.
The big question is will you get in. Apply to the college you like and make sure you do some research into your subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending