MP's back Boris Johnson's brexit plan Watch

QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
But it does strengthen the hand of our negotiating team, which makes a good deal more likely
How?
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by QE2)
Yet more Leaver Right-Wing misrepresentation.
359 MPs backed it. 286 MPs didn't back it.

What you meant was "Tory MPs back Tory PM's Brexit plan."
You're welcome.
Do you ever stop crying
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DSilva)
What do you think of starmer? Post Brexit would you vote for him? Or any leadership candidate?
Name:  Keir.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  7.6 KB
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gundabad(good))
Pass a law which forbids any part of the UK to hold a referendum on Independence. The Union must be preserved!
Indeed! Remaining within a close political and economic union is a Good Thing. Leaving must not be allowed.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do we address Scotland?
I think the Scotland ship has long since left the station. Brexit is the last nail in the coffin. Can't see how independence can be avoided now, without draconian impositions from Westminster.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Apart from taking any form of control legally away from all other sources, there is now nothing that the likes of Gina Miller or Dominic Grieve can do in the courts.
Not sure about that. Not until Johnson enacts his law preventing the courts from finding the government has acted unlawfully, that is.
¡Viva el Presidente!
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Do you ever stop crying
Top response!
That'll shut me up.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by QE2)
I think the Scotland ship has long since left the station. Brexit is the last nail in the coffin. Can't see how independence can be avoided now, without draconian impositions from Westminster.
Why do you believe the Scots left us enmass?
Smack
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do we address Scotland?
At the end of the day, the SNP do centre-left much more competently than Labour. Scottish Labour haven't appeared to be anything other than a complete shambles for at least half a decade now - even in this election campaign Scottish and UK Labour couldn't seem to agree upon Indyref 2. So it's not surprising Labour are back down to 1 seat in Scotland, from having 40+ as recent as 2010, and I suspect that if there was another centre-left challenger in England, the scale of defeat for Labour there wouldn't been much greater.
DSilva
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I suspect a general frustration that Scotland always voted for Labour governments, and always got Tory ones. Perhaps also a general feeling that the UK party didn't 'get Scotland' and saw it as just a region of England.

Or perhaps, as I think most likely, nationalism is a hell of a drug. People will and always have been attracted by nationalism, whether right or left wing.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mostly because Scotland is no longer prepared to be governed by a foreign country who pays mere lip service to their wants and needs. Even if Labour had been unequivocally Remain under a moderate leader, I don't think it would have made much difference. Brexit was the last straw. I was in Scotland during the summer and the depth and passion of pro-EU feeling was surprising. Couple that with the Independence issue, and you have an unstoppable force. I have a feeling that many republicans in Ireland see Brexit the same way (especially with the new WA). It will be a struggle to keep the union together.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by UGP1023)
Since brexit is officially happening soon, is it gonna affect upcoming international students? Who starts September 2020
At this point it's v difficult to say. Afaik nothing changes for EU students during the transition period, what happens after the fact depends on the negotiations in that period. So for EU boys... perhaps? As for students from outside the EU, I don't think brexit particularly matters.
UGP1023
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
At this point it's v difficult to say. Afaik nothing changes for EU students during the transition period, what happens after the fact depends on the negotiations in that period. So for EU boys... perhaps? As for students from outside the EU, I don't think brexit particularly matters.
But I am from EU ;-;
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by UGP1023)
But I am from EU ;-;
Then things get rather murky, I'm afraid. Look into applying for settled status once you're here. You'll be sound for the negotiation period but after the fact very much depends on what Boris' lads do after the fact.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by QE2)
"Strong and Stable" just means you smell badly of donkeys.
.... Jezza made an ass of himself at the elections

:rofl:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (12)
7.79%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (17)
11.04%
No, but maybe I will look into it (45)
29.22%
No and I wouldn't consider it (80)
51.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise