xoamox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Heya year 11s - I've created this thread just for us to help each other along the year up till our final exams. I feel that a lot of students are stressed and this way we can talk about the high pressure bestowed upon us.
We could also give our predictions for certain exam questions, a prime example being English.
You're free to ask for help for certain subjects you may be struggling with etc; feel free to join in.
vannahc22
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hiya,

Great idea. What subjects are you taking? I've found myself being very very stressed, it doesn't help that I have perfectionist tendencies... How are you coping?

V
xoamox
Rep:
?
(Original post by vannahc22)
Hiya,

Great idea. What subjects are you taking? I've found myself being very very stressed, it doesn't help that I have perfectionist tendencies... How are you coping?

V
Not good at all, similar to you. I'm taking separate science, all the other core subjects, along with Computer Science, Spanish, and History. How about you?
vannahc22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by xoamox)
Not good at all, similar to you. I'm taking separate science, all the other core subjects, along with Computer Science, Spanish, and History. How about you?
I’m taking triple science as well, all the core subjects, Latin, history and PE. What are you predicted?
xoamox
Rep:
?
I’m taking triple science as well, all the core subjects, Latin, history and PE. What are you predicted?
I've just done my mocks and will get my results near the end of Jan, so I'm pretty clueless. Have you got yours?
vannahc22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
My mocks are in end of jan/ start of feb 😳🙄 what are you predicted?
xoamox
Rep:
?
My mocks are in end of jan/ start of feb 😳🙄 what are you predicted?
Im not aware of that yet
vannahc22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Oh okay. What are you most apprehensive about?
xoamox
Rep:
?
Oh okay. What are you most apprehensive about?
Maths, Computer Science, along with Spanish. ): What about you?
Study2212
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm really struggling with unseen poetry does someone have any tips
xoamox
Rep:
?
(Original post by Study2212)
I'm really struggling with unseen poetry does someone have any tips
To be completely honest, all you can do for that is practice questions. But! I would advise you to learn all the possible language and structural techniques that you can, which are technically the only things you need in order to answer unseen poetry. Also, I struggle more with the poetry anthology (Power & Conflict) than I do with unseen.
vannahc22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Maths, Computer Science, along with Spanish. ): What about you?
Maths English and physics. Especially maths...
WhisperWillow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I remember doing GCSE's last year. glad it's over. if anyone needs tips for revising maths, Spanish, science, or coping methods for dance, art or design technology just ask.
didn't do too well with English. just passed with 4s so I wouldn't ask for my help there.
xoamox
Rep:
?
Maths English and physics. Especially maths...
Well, you're not alone - don't stress too much. You can't really do much for maths apart from past papers; just try your best. Your mental health is more important than these exams. Also, if you need any help with Physics or English, I'd be more than happy to do so. (:
xoamox
Rep:
?
(Original post by WhisperWillow)
I remember doing GCSE's last year. glad it's over. if anyone needs tips for revising maths, Spanish, science, or coping methods for dance, art or design technology just ask.
didn't do too well with English. just passed with 4s so I wouldn't ask for my help there.
Yikes - I definitely need tips for Spanish and Maths. What did you get in these ^ subjects, if you don't mind me asking?
WhisperWillow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yikes - I definitely need tips for Spanish and Maths. What did you get in these ^ subjects, if you don't mind me asking?
7 in Spanish and 6 in maths but I was able to do grade 8 stuff in maths. I was really good In Spanish speaking.
xoamox
Rep:
?
(Original post by WhisperWillow)
7 in Spanish and 6 in maths but I was able to do grade 8 stuff in maths. I was really good In Spanish speaking.
Same, I think my best one is also speaking because I have the convo answers prepared. But wowwww a 7!! I could never get that
daisy_1995
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey im in Year 11 and in my recent mock i got a 6 in English Language, does anyone have any tips to get a grade 8 in GCSE English Language.
Thanks
username5093898
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by daisy_1995)
Hey im in Year 11 and in my recent mock i got a 6 in English Language, does anyone have any tips to get a grade 8 in GCSE English Language.
Thanks
If anyone replies please hmu too bc I’m in the same boat. Want all 8-9s in my GCSEs but English Lang is screwing me over rn :/
daisy_1995
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Bmg1374)
If anyone replies please hmu too bc I’m in the same boat. Want all 8-9s in my GCSEs but English Lang is screwing me over rn :/
Literally! I will inform you as soon as I get any tips so we can get all 8-9s together
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (144)
30.13%
No (334)
69.87%

Watched Threads