Should I get an Xbox one?

Watch
Claydo66
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
So I’ve enjoyed playing video games from a young age, from owning virtually every nintendo console, playing multiplayer games on 360 with my sister (her console) I then got a ps3 at age 11 but never really adjusted to the so y console after using an xbox. Idk it just didn’t feel as good to me.
Anyway my friends all use xbox one and I think if I had to choose a console it would definitely be an Xbox over PS, however as I’m not very familiar with it, I want to know I’m buying the best thing for my money.
So I want to get a standard xbox one rather than xbox one x, just as it is cheaper. I haven’t really looked into the differences so if I seem like a complete and total idiot, I get it.
Just is it worth getting an xbox one or is it going to be a case of the product dying down soon as the next model comes out? I just don’t want to get a console and find it’s not up to date. Any advice would be appreciated. Xx
Alisha White
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
They're releasing a new Xbox in 2020 (Series X).

Only problem is that it will be £400+
Claydo66
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Alisha White)
They're releasing a new Xbox in 2020 (Series X).

Only problem is that it will be £400+
Exactly what I mean. I don’t want to spend a fortune and wait a whole year so I’m just wondering if it’s worth getting an xbox one now or if it’s gonna be dead by the time the x series has taken off
Alisha White
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Claydo66)
Exactly what I mean. I don’t want to spend a fortune and wait a whole year so I’m just wondering if it’s worth getting an xbox one now or if it’s gonna be dead by the time the x series has taken off
Might as well. You can get an Xbox One for under £200 and the Series X wont be out until the end of 2020 anyway.
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
The next gen is out next Christmas, so if you're set on an Xbox and would stick with them next gen, I'd look at their all access scheme which lets you upgrade to the series X when released: https://news.microsoft.com/en-gb/201...ox-all-access/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.54%
I'm not sure (16)
3.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (153)
33.7%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.76%
I'm not a current university student (211)
46.48%

Watched Threads