Oaths of Allegiance/Solemn affirmations (Parliament 30) Watch

This discussion is closed.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Under the Guidance Document, MPs are requested to begin the term by making the oath of allegiance or the solemn affirmation.

The text of the oath is:
I (name of Member) swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.

The text of the affirmation is:
I (name of Member) do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.

There is also the option to take the oath in the Scottish manner, or to swear in Welsh, Cornish, or Scottish Gaelic alongside English. Information regarding this can be found here.

All MP usergroup requests have been accepted where submitted, and I will not be considering a failure to swear the oath as disqualifying any member from undertaking the duties of an MP.

According to tradition, the Father of the House, Life_peer MP, is the first to take the oath or affirmation.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I, Baron of Sealand do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, the Head of the Commonwealth of Nations, her heirs and successors, according to law.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I, Barnetlad, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I, LiberOfLondon, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Baron of Sealand)
I, Baron of Sealand do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, the Head of the Commonwealth of Nations, her heirs and successors, according to law.
(Original post by barnetlad)
I, Barnetlad, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
I, LiberOfLondon, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
Life_peer should be the first,
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Life_peer should be the first,
Is he the FotH?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is he the FotH?
Yes he is. 😊
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't panic, daddy is awake now. *scoffs and glares at the three impertinent youngsters above*

I Life_peer swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law, within the model realm of TSR, if they don't go mental and engage in warmongering. So help me God.
Last edited by Life_peer; 1 month ago
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by a bloke with a profile pic of Putin)
if they don't go mental and engage in warmongering. So help me God.
No offense
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No offense
Offence. Are you American?

The UK does more warmongering than Russia, lol.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well done lads the entire house is crumbling because you popty pings went and broke tradition.
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mr Dystopia Can you move LP post from #8 to #2 please?
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I, The Mogg do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.

Yr wyf yn addo, trwy gymorth y Goruchaf, y byddaf yn ffyddlon ac yn wir deyrngar i’w Mawrhydi, y Frenhines Elizabeth, ei hetifeddion a’i holynwyr, yn ôl y Ddeddf, yn wyneb Duw.
Last edited by The Mogg; 1 month ago
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
*Picks up New Jerusalem Bible*

I Connor27, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In order to reflect the UK's diversity I will repeat the oath in 5 different languages.

I JMR2019. swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.

Rwy'n JMR2019 yn rhegi gan Hollalluog Dduw y byddaf yn ffyddlon ac yn rhoi gwir deyrngarwch i'w Mawrhydi y Frenhines Elizabeth, ei hetifeddion a'i holynwyr, yn ôl y gyfraith. Felly helpa fi Dduw.

Ja, JMR2019, przysięgam Wszechmogącego Boga, że ​​będę wierny i oddam prawdę Jej Wysokości Królowej Elżbiecie, jej spadkobiercom i następcom prawnym. Tak mi dopomóż Bóg.

मैं, JMR2019 सर्वशक्तिम
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads