The Student Room Group

Appeals Advice

How to appeal an rejection letter due to personal statement ? I got rejected from lse due to my personal statement. However all my other university choices accepted me. My A level predicted grades are 3A* in Eco, Maths and Accounting, AS English B. LSE was my dream University. Should I appeal ? If so how do I go about it ?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Siddh 47
How to appeal an rejection letter due to personal statement ? I got rejected from lse due to my personal statement. However all my other university choices accepted me. My A level predicted grades are 3A* in Eco, Maths and Accounting, AS English B. LSE was my dream University. Should I appeal ? If so how do I go about it ?

There is no appeal system to appeal a rejection from a university.
Reply 2
So is there nothing I can do ?

Afraid not, unless you want to reapply next year. It's incredibly unlikely that LSE will be in Clearing or Adjustment following results day

Sounds like they considered your application and decided not to take you. Doesnt sound like a mistake or they did anything wrong. Other people in a similar situation will have been rejected. Not just the personal statement , there is your reference and extra currics plus other academics. What the others have said I dont believe you have any options other than to get feedback and check to see if you can reapply next year if you are that determined.
Reply 5

hi, i was rejected by LSE on the basis of my PS as well, you can ask for more detailed feedback after March 31st which is what I'm going to do, also i think the rejection based on ps is just general so don't take it to heart.
If you really want to go to LSE nail your a-levels then reapply
Also what course did you apply for and where have you got offers from?
Reply 6
Original post by A_25
hi, i was rejected by LSE on the basis of my PS as well, you can ask for more detailed feedback after March 31st which is what I'm going to do, also i think the rejection based on ps is just general so don't take it to heart.
If you really want to go to LSE nail your a-levels then reapply
Also what course did you apply for and where have you got offers from?

I applied for BSc in accounting and finance. I have gotten offers from Warwick, Bath, Exeter, and Kings. What abt you?
The uni I work for does not have a dedicated appeals process, or if it does I am not aware of it. I often see PS statements include things such as “having applied last year to XXXX and being unsuccessful, I am more determined and motivated to be successful.” The XXXX is always the university I work at and in cases like that I sometimes give them the benefit of the doubt and pass it on to the admissions tutor. I see that as the appeals process: reapplying when you have your grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending