Why do Indian guys not date outside?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Why do Indian guys not date outside? Like I see Indian girls date outside quite a bit but the guys don't. They always seem to want an Indian girl but the girls aren't as fussed.
As someone from this background, am frustrated with the guys attitude for this. There are other girls out there.
Itwasn’tme
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Okay I know this is weird and crazy and like out their ...but have u thought about this... it’s their choice who they want to date you can’t force them to date ppl they don’t want to maybe they just prefer Indian girl lol
username4499734
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Because it’s none of your business
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
I’m Indian, I’m currently after a Romanian girl. Anonymous so my family don’t see this and beat me 😳. Nah but fr like none of my Indian mates and family care about this type of thing.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by OR321)
Well people in my community make my love life their business. This sort of thing always happens as much as I don't want it too. Its very easy to say what you said if you don't experience this/can't take a nuanced view of people's cultures.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Why do Indian guys not date outside? Like I see Indian girls date outside quite a bit but the guys don't. They always seem to want an Indian girl but the girls aren't as fussed.
As someone from this background, am frustrated with the guys attitude for this. There are other girls out there.
Indian girls are more popular with white men than Indian guys are with with white women.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ANM775)
Indian girls are more popular with white men than Indian guys are with with white women.
That's not true surely?
I'd say its the same but the problem lies with the guys attitude being closed minded; that's why it's less, the guys need to be more open-minded.
Em.-.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Could it be religious reasons? I’d assume most people would rather date someone who has similar religious beliefs to themselves especially if they want to raise kids of the same religion as them. Perhaps this is a thing guys care more about?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I've dated a few desi guys.
Many Indian guys do date women of other nationalities.

There are some families that are very religious, traditionalist or caste obsessed.
Those type of guys often don't date at all or will only date women with the same attitudes.
username4933904
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I am from a Middle Eastern background - I am not so fussy on the basis of race
Last edited by username4933904; 11 months ago
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
like any race, people are entitled to preferences.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 11 months ago
i've dated a few Indian dudes and i'm pretty sure my Indian flatmate is interested in me right now. but India has a huge population so it obviously varies.

OP not sure why you're frustrated tho. why do you have an interest in Indian guys dating outside Indian women?
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Some of it is based on religion.

I also feel quite a lot more guys struggle to find partners than females, but this is just an opinion based on my own personal observation and not any other justification. Another opinion I think is how indian men and their sexuality is portrayed in a negative way with regards to characterisation in movies and the media. Indian men are often portrayed as being "geeks", socially inept, "skinny" etc and this creates a sterotype which may not be attractive to some people.
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
My parents want me to marry an Indian girl, even from the same part of India, same religion and my parents must already know them -_- such bs.
But I'm sure I can convince them lmao because I've had a British gf for 2 years now 0.o
For my parents, it's more of a cultural thing rather than religion. As they were born in India and that's how they were raised.
I'm at least glad arranged marriage is not in the picture, they understand as they met in Indian equivalence of A level (true love at it's finest lol)
Anonymous #1
My parents want me to marry an Indian girl, even from the same part of India, same religion and my parents must already know them -_- such bs.
But I'm sure I can convince them lmao because I've had a British gf for 2 years now 0.o
For my parents, it's more of a cultural thing rather than religion. As they were born in India and that's how they were raised.
I'm at least glad arranged marriage is not in the picture, they understand as they met in Indian equivalence of A level (true love at it's finest lol)
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I don't want to marry an indian girl but am being pressured by family.
ArabLlama
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
My parents don’t care about who I date or marry. For me it’d be more of a compatibility thing. Obviously there will be more like Indian girls I’d be more compatible with in terms of culture, background etc. But like my parents, I don’t care. It’s whoever I meet and click with. (I’m 16), at this point in life I don’t think I can judge that clearly as to who would be good for me long term.
username193837
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Indian guys actually marry out more than Indian women (whether you look at marriage statistics from the UK, USA, Canada, Aus or Singapore), not by a huge disparity like you get with East asian women/men and black men/black women.

Indian women are actually the least likely out of all groups to date out in Singapore.

If there are no white guys it is safe to say Indian women hardly ever date out but Indian guys actually marry other people of color in decent numbers as well such as East Asian women and Hispanic women.

South Asian men, in general, marry out more than their female counterparts. White guys and Indian women date more than Indian men and white female but if the relationship has no chance of ending in marriage I wouldn't count it as proper relationship.
Anonymous #4
Report 11 months ago
tbh white women overall have a strong preference for white guys and are the least likely to date/marry out compared to all the other race + gender combo. Even the most radical left-wing white girl that preaches about equality only date a white guy.
Asifisfake
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by username4499734)
Really? According to a british dating website "is love racist"

The indian girl was rated the lowest not the Indian guy
Asifisfake
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by AnonymousPrince319413)
Indian guys actually marry out more than Indian women (whether you look at marriage statistics from the UK, USA, Canada, Aus or Singapore), not by a huge disparity like you get with East asian women/men and black men/black women.

Indian women are actually the least likely out of all groups to date out in Singapore.

If there are no white guys it is safe to say Indian women hardly ever date out but Indian guys actually marry other people of color in decent numbers as well such as East Asian women and Hispanic women.

South Asian men, in general, marry out more than their female counterparts. White guys and Indian women date more than Indian men and white female but if the relationship has no chance of ending in marriage I wouldn't count it as proper relationship.
No interracial marriage statistics and dating statistics are correlated

Indian men also date more white women than reverse too not just marry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (705)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (888)
42.71%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads