The Student Room Group

Deloitte 2020 Bright start apprenticeship

hi so I've just done my immersive online assesment for Deloitte and i have to say some of the questions were pretty tough compared to other apprenticeships. Unfortunately they said it takes 3 weeks for them to reply back and i am really eager to see if I got through.if anyone applied for this can you help me out.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Jainilpatel
hi so I've just done my immersive online assesment for Deloitte and i have to say some of the questions were pretty tough compared to other apprenticeships. Unfortunately they said it takes 3 weeks for them to reply back and i am really eager to see if I got through.if anyone applied for this can you help me out.

Hi just to let you know my son did this about a month ago and has had an email stating they will not be getting back to him until next year once all applications are in, they also apologised for the miscommunication that he would hear back within 3 weeks. Good luck with your application
Reply 2
thank you but would you mind asking him I could discuss some of the answers with him as when I was doing the assessment there were some questions which I found were a bit tricky and wanted to know if you could actually answer them or were they testing our ability to answer with estimate
Reply 3
Hi

He’s said that the questions were not only difficult to answer, he couldn’t see one of the answers he thought it was so presumed he had calculated it incorrectly, but also the questions were difficult to understand. Far more challenging than any of the other apprenticeships he has applied for.
thank you but would you mind asking him I could discuss some of the answers with him as when I was doing the assessment there were some questions which I found were a bit tricky and wanted to know if you could actually answer them or were they testing our ability to answer with estimate
Reply 4
Hi,
I thought I was the only one! I had completed this test ages ago, they then messaged me asking if I could get my predicted grades confirmed by my tutor and I haven't heard from them since. So I've emailed them but now you've said they will reply in the new year makes me feel much better.

What other apprenticeships have you applied for?
Reply 5
do you remember the questions that they asked on the test stages
Reply 6
Hi all i need your help why can i never be successful on the Immersive Online Assessment i have tried and made 3 different accounts but i seem to fail all the time i dont understand what im doing wrong can anyone help
Original post by ad2798
Hi all i need your help why can i never be successful on the Immersive Online Assessment i have tried and made 3 different accounts but i seem to fail all the time i dont understand what im doing wrong can anyone help

if you apply more than once they are obviously going to figure it out and blacklist you?
Reply 8
Original post by Gent2324
if you apply more than once they are obviously going to figure it out and blacklist you?

I know that but what about the 1st time I applied I don't know what seemed to go wrong and that's why I wanted to ask why and what I done wrong
Original post by ad2798
I know that but what about the 1st time I applied I don't know what seemed to go wrong and that's why I wanted to ask why and what I done wrong

the context is relevant in the questions. they will try and trick you with that. for example:
you are given a graph showing the number of complaints in each category. 340 for data, 124 for ease of use, 654 for customer service, 23 for other tech issues.
question says how many people in total complained for all of the sub-categories combined. whats the answer?
Reply 10
the context is relevant in the questions. they will try and trick you with that. for example:
you are given a graph showing the number of complaints in each category. 340 for data, 124 for ease of use, 654 for customer service, 23 for other tech issues.
question says how many people in total complained for all of the sub-categories combined. whats the answer?

You can't answer that
Original post by ad2798
You can't answer that

yea thats correct. its the kind of thing that most people when they see easy maths they just go for it but dont read the context of the question, i ****ed up sometimes from that. apart from that, they also trick you with units, but thats about all the advice i have really.
gent2324 how do I private message you, because I don't want to talk about interview questions publily
Hey everyone,
Has anybody who applied for the brighstarts heard back regarding assessment centres ?
Original post by darkknight93
Hey everyone,
Has anybody who applied for the brighstarts heard back regarding assessment centres ?

I’ve heard back saying I’ve gotten through to the assessment centre stage- I then emailed explaining I’m volunteering in Nepal soon for 3 months and they responded saying that they haven’t organised any dates yet but they are most likely to be in feb

Also I applied for risk advisory in London
Original post by fifi1610
I’ve heard back saying I’ve gotten through to the assessment centre stage- I then emailed explaining I’m volunteering in Nepal soon for 3 months and they responded saying that they haven’t organised any dates yet but they are most likely to be in feb

Also I applied for risk advisory in London

Ahh thats great to hear!

I still haven't heard anything, I've done the job simulation about 2 months ago now, they said they'll let me know in Jan who gets into to the assessment centre. Still haven't heard a peep!

Good luck with everything though :smile:
Original post by darkknight93
Ahh thats great to hear!

I still haven't heard anything, I've done the job simulation about 2 months ago now, they said they'll let me know in Jan who gets into to the assessment centre. Still haven't heard a peep!

Good luck with everything though :smile:

What did you apply for?
Reply 17
yea thats correct. its the kind of thing that most people when they see easy maths they just go for it but dont read the context of the question, i ****ed up sometimes from that. apart from that, they also trick you with units, but thats about all the advice i have really.

Thanks for this I really appreciate it. Would you mind if I private message you if I apply to other companies and if I need any help
Original post by ad2798
Thanks for this I really appreciate it. Would you mind if I private message you if I apply to other companies and if I need any help

Sure
gent2324 how do I private message you, because I don't want to talk about interview questions publily

Go to my profile by clicking on my name, then go to my contact info and then send private message

Quick Reply

Latest