The Student Room Group

Deloitte 2020 Bright start apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aluebhosele
This is such a good advice. But honestly how long that we are being made to wait for a response is killing me. I keep getting panic attacks at the thought of being rejected. But I have to keep reminding myself of how far I made it even though I didn’t even think I would make it pass the immersive assessment

This is exactly me, when I applied I didn’t think I would make it pass the immersive assessment either. I’ve been invited to a final stage assessment for indirect tax in London, and I am so so nervous. I tried not to get ‘attached’ to the role, but now after researching it more and reading about what my job would be like, I want this job so bad . If I got rejected, I don’t know what I’d do. I guess being yourself is the best thing to do for the interview. We have got this far, and they must seriously be considering us for a role. What I want to know is , are we competing with other people, and what kind of things do people get rejected for?
This is such a good advice. But honestly how long that we are being made to wait for a response is killing me. I keep getting panic attacks at the thought of being rejected. But I have to keep reminding myself of how far I made it even though I didn’t even think I would make it pass the immersive assessment

80% of applications made do not make it to final assessment ... they receive 1000’s of applications. I would absolutely love the opportunity with them; but have to think what is meant to be will be! My mock results were poor , so I’m hoping that side works out well too. Please update if any of you hear anything. Good luck all
Reply 82
Anyone applied and got the role?
If so for what office and service line?
When does the application open again for the next year
Original post by Little virts
Just be yourself! You have got this far- remind yourself of

I got rejected from my last AC for such a small thing so I'm scared the same thing is going to happen here when this is the one I really want.
Original post by rachmcn
I got rejected from my last AC for such a small thing so I'm scared the same thing is going to happen here when this is the one I really want.

What for do you mind sharing? Thank you
What for do you mind sharing? Thank you

Got rejected from Morgan Stanley for 'lack of confidence' in the group exercise despite them giving me about 5 positive bits of feedback for my one-to-one so it was quite a bummer.
Reply 87
Original post by Sweetiepie101
When does the application open again for the next year

Confidence is quite a big thing ngl, so you didn’t really get rejected for something small
Original post by rachmcn
Got rejected from Morgan Stanley for 'lack of confidence' in the group exercise despite them giving me about 5 positive bits of feedback for my one-to-one so it was quite a bummer.
Original post by HK4ZM1
Confidence is quite a big thing ngl, so you didn’t really get rejected for something small

No but it was quite contradictory because they said I was confident in my one-to-one but lacked confidence in the group exercise.
Original post by rachmcn

Definitely - you hold back as to not seem too pushy and then may come across as lacking in confidence . Tuesday is their 10 working days update ... I still don’t think they know as the whole situation is uncertain. You will be fine. Good luck
Original post by HK4ZM1
Yes

when did u apply??
Definitely - you hold back as to not seem too pushy and then may come across as lacking in confidence . Tuesday is their 10 working days update ... I still don’t think they know as the whole situation is uncertain. You will be fine. Good luck

Exactly, I contributed quite a bit to the group but held back a couple of times because I didn't want to start speaking when someone else started to speak. At least I have a few examples of working in a team for this interview since there's no group exercise.
If anyone is still looking or is struggling to pass, I understand EY are still open to applications in some offices to start in September this year.

Sort of hijacking this post but as a second year school leavers I need to do my bit to fill our roles!
Original post by mattyp502
If anyone is still looking or is struggling to pass, I understand EY are still open to applications in some offices to start in September this year.

Sort of hijacking this post but as a second year school leavers I need to do my bit to fill our roles!

I haven’t applied to them. When offices? Thank you for sharing
I haven’t applied to them. When offices? Thank you for sharing

There are places available in most of the offices I believe. There may be limitations about what service lines are option but if you go to https://ukcareers.ey.com/students then you’ll be able to have a look at all the options available
So I contacted the Deloitte help desk on Friday asking about my application , and this is the reply I got:

You have contacted us via helpdesk last week regarding your application. Unfortunately because of current situation we do not have any updates regarding the recruitment process.
As soon as the team confirms further steps, we will inform you

What do you all think this means?? Could they stop making new offers to people, or stop the program for this year?. It sounds like they have a hiring freeze as well right now :frown:
which office did you apply for
Original post by Markianb12
which office did you apply for

London , Indirect Tax.
so wait do they have specific places for specific areas like they only take 6 people for indirect tax for London and 10 people for audit. or would it be based on how many people are capable. also how long is a brightstart apprenticeship 1-2 years or 3-4 years
Original post by Usm44n12345
So I contacted the Deloitte help desk on Friday asking about my application , and this is the reply I got:

You have contacted us via helpdesk last week regarding your application. Unfortunately because of current situation we do not have any updates regarding the recruitment process.
As soon as the team confirms further steps, we will inform you

What do you all think this means?? Could they stop making new offers to people, or stop the program for this year?. It sounds like they have a hiring freeze as well right now :frown:

I think I might call the office I applied too and see what they say as well. Offers can be made, I don’t understand the wait. It can always be deferred to the following year no ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending