The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Need some advice on KCL postgraduate application

Hello all.

I am a current UG student studying Social Sciences, and I am planning to start my PG application next year. I consider KCL as my choice but have some worries and would like to seek some advices.

I am a University of Hong Kong student, using a 4.3 GPA system, and I expect to get a 3.1 or similar GPA when I graduate, which grants me a 2:1 honour in HKU, also making me equivalent to a normal 2:1 honour under the UK system.

I am considering MA International Political Economy. I do satisfy their minimum requirements of a 2:1, but I wonder how many 2:1 applicants actually got an offer?

I did had a 2 month summer internship experience in a huge Holdings Limited company as an administrative assistant, that can be the only job experience helpful to me. I also have some extracurricular experiences in leading a student group.

I am not the most competitive student, and only got a 2:1 honour. Suppose I write a very good personal statement and got decent references, can I have any chance in getting into KCL MA for International Political Economy? Is this course competitive? Can anyone with previous experiences share their stories?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
You meet the entry requirements which means (theoretically) you shouldn't have any issues in applying. With a strong personal statement and references you should be fine. Remember that Masters are different to an undergrad and slightly less competitive. Also as an international student you'll be paying higher fees, uni's like to make sure they have some international students to get that money, though they'll never admit it. On a serious note i think you'd be in with a decent chance, you seem like the standard masters student. Most people get 2:1's and are in similar situation to yourself
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest