What will happen when the NHS is privatised in 2022? Watch

EtonWorldDoppler
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What will happen when the NHS is privatised in 2022? Will we have to (directly) pay (more) for treatment etc? Will healthcare become more expensive?
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EtonWorldDoppler)
What will happen when the NHS is privatised in 2022? Will we have to (directly) pay (more) for treatment etc? Will healthcare become more expensive?
There are no plans to privatise the NHS
EtonWorldDoppler
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
There are no plans to privatise the NHS
The same could have been said of transport and the post etc.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it's very unlikely the front door of the NHS will be privatised by 2022 i.e. it will still be free "at the point of use".

There will, however, probably be increasing involvement of private providers and marketisation behind the scenes in the form of contracts, cherry picking of easy/profitable patients and procedures and so on. Unprofitable services will be more at risk of being shut down, which is likely to affect less affluent or more complex patients. It's worth mentioning that this is not something new, althought I believe it may accelerate and widen.

But to the non-medical and unaware public the shiny hospital building will still be there and it will still look and feel "free".
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There's nothing to suggest the NHS will be significantly privatised in 2022, or at any other time in any sort of foreseeable future.
Pencil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It would be political suicide if the Tories privatised the NHS.

People are extremely protective of it and the Tories know it.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'll have to pay you £1,00 in the bet we are going to have where I bet the NHS won't be in private ownership in 2022?
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The same could have been said of transport and the post etc.
When?

Like when three years prior to being privatised where there no plans for transport or post to be privatised?
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
NHS is already very much privatised. You and I will notice nothibg but rich investors in private health providing companies will see their bank accounts swell as tax payers money is given in profits. Meanwhile, frontline services will be cut back to provide even greater profits, sponsored by weak contracts that play into the favour of rich investors.
ColinDent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What amazes me is that there are people out there that say brexiteers are gullible for believing all the lies about the EU etc that then peddle this kind of bull****.
The NHS is not for sale and never will be, as Quady has already said it would be political suicide, and I mean the end for any party that did it.
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
"Privatisation" has just become a meaningless buzzword in the context of the NHS.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (19)
24.05%
My career doesn't need one (9)
11.39%
I'm sick of studying (14)
17.72%
I can't find a course I want to do (3)
3.8%
I don't know enough about them (9)
11.39%