Turn on thread page Beta

Well theres this girl i really like but im going to go uni/armed forces in 2 months so its like ARGH

shes told me she like likes me and all that but doesnt wanna get hurt when i bugger off in a couple of months

anyway i can change her mind!

ReputationRep:
    What's your question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    What's your question?
    anyway i can change her mind?

ReputationRep:
    Could you prove to her somehow that you feel strongly about her and are willing to make her a long term commitment in your life (if you do feel that way)?

Proposing might work

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, it's not exactly fair on her though is it? She's made the decision because she knows she'll get too attached and she'll get hurt.

If you like her so much, why would you want to hurt her? You're leaving in 2 months, it's an inevitability. It's also an inevitability that she'll get hurt in the process.

ReputationRep:
    You have two choices really.
    You can offer her a bit of fun for the 2 months that are coming up or promise that you would be willing to commit to her long distance.

Whatever you say, don't lie though be honest with her about what you really want.
    There is a good chance that you could get hurt too, so just reassure her that you are both in the same position and you will do your best to make sure things end on good terms.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Being in an LDR I know it's difficult with the distance, but it does work. Obviously if you go to uni it'll be easier to visit each other, but plenty of people manage relationships where one partner is in the armed forces. But I can understand her reservations about knowing it's inevitable... But I got with my boyfriend knowing that it would be an LDR from the beginning

At the end of the day, you may not be able to change her mind, but it can (and does) work

ReputationRep:
    do you want a long term relationship, or are you in it for a bit of fun before you go away?

ReputationRep:
    If you're not planning to stay with her at uni anyway, then it's for the best all round if you don't go out with her now.
    And it's only two months away... although I'll probably get negged and shouted down for saying this, from what I've seen, the shorter a relationship before it becomes long distance, the less likely it is to last anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.