Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Omg I never thought looking for a black cardi would be so hard! Anyone know where I can get a nice one from? Just a plain black cardigan that looks good without the buttons being done up. I've literally looked everywhere in all high street shops (New Look, H&M, Miss Selfridge, Warehouse, River Island, Jane Norman, Bay etc etc). The only place I found something in is Topshop but it didnt look nice with the buttons undone as the neck just hangs low and looks weird.
    Where else can I look? Don't just be like "try blah blah" tell me if you've acutally seen one in a shop or website please! Maybe the shops I've been in have different stock to other locations or something in that case i'll go oxford street or somewhere

ReputationRep:
    I just bought a new one from Primark and it was £6, its a plain black cardi with buttons up the front and three quarter length sleeves lol.

ReputationRep:
    UNIQLO. My brother's got a lovely one from there.

ReputationRep:
    OMG i have had the same problem iv looked eavrywhear.. Im actuly thinking of trying topman or the mens section of river island.

Good look with you serch

ReputationRep:
    american apparel. they do nice cardigans in lots of colours, including black

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jozaphinee)
    I just bought a new one from Primark and it was £6, its a plain black cardi with buttons up the front and three quarter length sleeves lol.
    Does it have puff ball sleeves? lol

ReputationRep:
    No, it had a cheap tacky belt around it but I took it off and threw it away lol.
    It's fine for just a plain black cardi, you can wear it with anything as the neckline isn't dodgy or anything.

ReputationRep:
    zara...they are nyc n quite cheap...cant remember how much they were exactly but it was sumthing lyk 12.99

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faint_x)
    Omg I never thought looking for a black cardi would be so hard! Anyone know where I can get a nice one from? Just a plain black cardigan that looks good without the buttons being done up. I've literally looked everywhere in all high street shops (New Look, H&M, Miss Selfridge, Warehouse, River Island, Jane Norman, Bay etc etc). The only place I found something in is Topshop but it didnt look nice with the buttons undone as the neck just hangs low and looks weird.
    Where else can I look? Don't just be like "try blah blah" tell me if you've acutally seen one in a shop or website please! Maybe the shops I've been in have different stock to other locations or something in that case i'll go oxford street or somewhere
    I had this exact problem for ages...really wanted one to make really pretty tops look a little more casual but couldn't find a decent one anywhere. I ended up buying one from next...there was a pink one too...looks dead nice on...

ReputationRep:
    Asda. £4. I rarely go to Asda, not really my scene (supermarkets in general) but when I do, I buy three or four of their black cardigans because they are fitted, comfortable and cheap! They don't wash particularly well, but who cares?! The style varies slightly, sometimes they are v-neck, sometimes round-neck but I think they always sell a variation on the theme.

ReputationRep:
    I saw one today in Dorothy Perkins.

ReputationRep:
    As someone else said, Zara's cardies are good too. Their cotton blend cardigans are reduced at the moment and they are also comfortable, cheap and wash slightly better than Asda's because they are natural fibres.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i have had the same problem. its seems to be everywhere sells cardigans in every colour but black. i could have had endless animal print or bright pink cardiagns but no black :no: so ill be interested if anyone has any good suggestions.

OP are you in east or west sussex?

ReputationRep:
    west sussex. crawley ergh lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faint_x)
    west sussex. crawley ergh lol
    Could be worse. im from Worthing

ReputationRep:
    If you want it to hang nicely when the buttons are undone then definatly get a v neck- I think having a round neck one undone just looks weird most of the time.
    I got one a few months ago from the oxford street primark that was 3/4 sleeved.

ReputationRep:
    i bought a nice one from h'n'm.. looks fine undone or buttoned up for a smarter look

ReputationRep:
    Yeah mine was from H&M too and was grand. Was going to suggest M&S as well but you've already tried that.

Charity shop?

ReputationRep:
    Zara definitely. I have great cardigans in every colour from there.

ReputationRep:
    Beneton - pricey but awesome in every colour

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.