Turn on thread page Beta

plz keep anon or delete, I know people in here and don't want them to know who i am.

Ok, so I have this best friend. She came back from being on holiday last monday, and I have not heard a word from her (I have no credit and so can't text her and she hasn't been on msn, myspace etc. . .). So I go on facebook earlier today (the wonders of facebook :rolleyes:) and find a load of pictures someone has posted from a huge party she a few days ago, and I was the only person she didn't invite. And some of these people who did go were people she practically never talks to.

Am I right to be upset about this? What should I do?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Should be ****ing upset, yes! Ring her to ask why she left you out...I would do that.

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course you have the right to be upset, if you are close then I'm sure you expected to be invited to her party.
    Maybe she was waiting for you to contact her, rather than the other way round?

I suggest you get in contact with her and explain how much this has upset you. Once you've talked things through then I'm sure you'll feel lots better about the situation.

ReputationRep:
    Throw a big party and dont invite her. Result.
    x

(Original post by Chrrye)
    Throw a big party and dont invite her. Result.
    x
    Well my birthday party is coming up. . . .

I don't think doing that would help though somehow lol

ReputationRep:
    You have every right to be angry....

what you should do is comment on the pics like say yeah so what was the party like and then they will feel bad and make up a petty excuse.... then you can confront them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Okay invite her bt let her know you arent best pleased with her not inviting you to the other party, I'm sure you'll make up
    If you still want her as a friend and you think she still wants you as a friend then forgive and forget and move on..

ReputationRep:
    Hire a hitman, teach the ***** a lesson :p:.

(Original post by Gathering)
    You have every right to be angry....

what you should do is comment on the pics like say yeah so what was the party like and then they will feel bad and make up a petty excuse.... then you can confront them
    I really like this idea. Buuuuuut, the pics aren't on her site, they are on someone else's who went there, and I don't really get on with them

I might comment her profile however . . .

It's just that, me and her have had our ups and downs and have recently been getting on really really well, which is why I'm so surprised and upset about this, it's not like she left to go on holiday on bad terms with me

ReputationRep:
    what a ****ing *****! have it out with her, peggy mitchell style!

There is the answer or you could just confront her face-to-face. :

ReputationRep:
    plz keep anon or delete, I know people in here and don't want them to know who i am.

Ok, so I have this best friend. She came back from being on holiday last monday, and I have not heard a word from her (I have no credit and so can't text her and she hasn't been on msn, myspace etc. . .). So I go on facebook earlier today (the wonders of facebook :rolleyes:) and find a load of pictures someone has posted from a huge party she a few days ago, and I was the only person she didn't invite. And some of these people who did go were people she practically never talks to.

Thanks
    Just forgive her... and keep being good friends... visit her when she is in hospital, and dying... then at the end of the day, she would regret what she did to u, and realised she was soooo wrong etc. Thus she would get punishment.

ReputationRep:
    Post on her wall something like: "Ooooh dear you look so great in your last pics... Shame I missed out the party you organised!!"

(Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    There is the answer or you could just confront her face-to-face. :
    Lol which would you suggest?

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    give her a call,
    ask her how the holiday was,
    ask her wat she has bin up 2 since being home,
    If she duznt mention the party just say- oh i seen pics of ur party on so and sos myspace, then just ask if it was good, then you could mibi ask her is there any reason why she dint invite you.

Lol which would you suggest?
    don't invite her

ReputationRep:
    Throwing your own party sounds good. Then ring her up a few days after it and act normal. See if she says anything

(Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    don't invite her
    Lol I knew you would pick that one

I would feel really childish not inviting her to my bday party. . . which is ironic because it is going to be a kiddies themed party :rolleyes:

I think I might just work it into a convo, like some of you have suggested. . . .

Lol I knew you would pick that one

I would feel really childish not inviting her to my bday party. . . which is ironic because it is going to be a kiddies themed party :rolleyes:

I think I might just work it into a convo, like some of you have suggested. . . .
    yeah - just speak to her

ReputationRep:

Thanks

Maybe she didn't invite you because she thought, you know, that you'd be fine with it, and that just being best friends didn't mean you had to go everywhere together. Oops.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.