Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Its better to just come out with it and ask why she didnt invite you.
    If you ask her on Facebook or Myspace then other people will read the messages and may start getting involved or interfear.
    Personally I think its better if the discussion is just a private thing between you two.
    If she doesnt feel a little bit guilty after speaking to you about it, then shes probably just not even worth the bother.

(Original post by Greatleysteg)
    Maybe she didn't invite you because she thought, you know, that you'd be fine with it, and that just being best friends didn't mean you had to go everywhere together. Oops.
    Being invited to a party with everyone else is hardly going everywhere together

I'm hoping that was sarcasm :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    There are many possible reasons:
    - a misunderstanding: she thought you were on holiday or busy on that day or something
    - she thought you wouldn't want to come
    - she was inviting a group of people you don't really hang out with and thought you wouldn't fit in/want to go
    - she was embarrassed to be seen with you (sadly I know someone who did this to some of his best friends to impress other people...)
    - she doesn't actually see you as her best friend and secretly wants to get away
    - she's pissed off at you for some reason (perhaps she wanted you to call her?)

I've seen pretty much all of those explanations being true in various similar situations. Call her and ask or you'll never find out.

(Original post by Meliae)
    There are many possible reasons:
    - a misunderstanding: she thought you were on holiday or busy on that day or something
    - she thought you wouldn't want to come
    - she was inviting a group of people you don't really hang out with and thought you wouldn't fit in/want to go
    - she was embarrassed to be seen with you (sadly I know someone who did this to some of his best friends to impress other people...)
    - she doesn't actually see you as her best friend and secretly wants to get away
    - she's pissed off at you for some reason (perhaps she wanted you to call her?)

I've seen pretty much all of those explanations being true in various similar situations. Call her and ask or you'll never find out.
    -she knows im not doing anything
    -she knows i would want to go, because she had said she might do one at some point and i was all up for it
    -they are all my friends just as much as hers
    -she has been seen with me for the past 6 years
    -that one i have no answer to
    -nor that one

I'll just have to ask her and find out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    -she knows im not doing anything
    -she knows i would want to go, because she had said she might do one at some point and i was all up for it
    -they are all my friends just as much as hers
    -she has been seen with me for the past 6 years
    -that one i have no answer to
    -nor that one

I'll just have to ask her and find out
    Oh or she could have called and you weren't there or the text didn't send or something? And that guy I was talking about also had been seen with his friends for the past 5 years but decided to invite all the popular kids he barely knew anyway. :rolleyes:

All this speculating is useless anyway, only she knows the real reason. I hope it all works out for you. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Are you absolutely sure she knew you were home from holiday... like if you went away for a week, then didn't contact her for a week, she may have thought you were actually away for 2 weeks (and misheard it was only for a week), and didn't want to hurt your feelings by inviting you to something she was pretty sure you couldn't make?

Maybe she thought she's upset you since you haven't contacted her since you got back (friendships work 2 ways you know ), so didn't want to risk her feelings by inviting the person she most wanted to be there, but them saying "no"?

Maybe she thought she'd invited you / you'd heard or knew about it?

Saying that, a "good friend" decided to invite everyone bar me and a couple of other people from our year (making it 4 people out of 126 not invited...) to a party she had.... She's not a nice person anyways I've since found out

she went on holiday. not me

ReputationRep:
    You have every right to be upset! You need to talk to her really..

ReputationRep:
    Sleep with her dad.

If you're asking how to resolve the conflict rather than take revenge, just ask her what's wrong. Probably best face to face.

Yea, I think I will get some credit and text her tomorrow or something, she has the house to herself atm, so she is never really in (:rolleyes:) so I don't know when would be a good time to call . If she doesn't reply I will just have to call anyway

ReputationRep:
    she went on holiday. not me

Ah, dunno what to say then... Sorry

*hugs*

(Original post by BrotherDown)
    Sleep with her dad.

If you're asking how to resolve the conflict rather than take revenge, just ask her what's wrong. Probably best face to face.
    or not lol

ReputationRep:
    I really like this idea. Buuuuuut, the pics aren't on her site, they are on someone else's who went there, and I don't really get on with them

I might comment her profile however . . .

It's just that, me and her have had our ups and downs and have recently been getting on really really well, which is why I'm so surprised and upset about this, it's not like she left to go on holiday on bad terms with me
    okay i have a feeling your best friends hiding something not the party lol but her feelings..... i don't think she is over whatever problems you have had with her....what we need to do is somehow get the topic of the party out without making you seem too upset about it.... did any of your other friends go to this party.... because you could all meet up and then get one of your other friends to bring up the conversation and you could be like "what party.???" and then they would have to explain.... and make up some petty excuse and then you can ask her whether there is another underlying problem.....does that make any sense lol

(Original post by Gathering)
    okay i have a feeling your best friends hiding something not the party lol but her feelings..... i don't think she is over whatever problems you have had with her....what we need to do is somehow get the topic of the party out without making you seem too upset about it.... did any of your other friends go to this party.... because you could all meet up and then get one of your other friends to bring up the conversation and you could be like "what party.???" and then they would have to explain.... and make up some petty excuse and then you can ask her whether there is another underlying problem.....does that make any sense lol
    It does make sense lol.

We had problems like over a year ago, and have been fine ever since, so I don't understand why she would suddenly be angry about all of that again, out of the blue.

I asked one of my other friends, and she said she has no idea why i wasn't invited.

The problem is, that like you said, i don't want to appear really upset and whatever about it, which is why I'm not too keen on just texting or calling and saying 'hey, why didn't you invite me?'

ReputationRep:
    It does make sense lol.

We had problems like over a year ago, and have been fine ever since, so I don't understand why she would suddenly be angry about all of that again, out of the blue.

I asked one of my other friends, and she said she has no idea why i wasn't invited.

The problem is, that like you said, i don't want to appear really upset and whatever about it, which is why I'm not too keen on just texting or calling and saying 'hey, why didn't you invite me?'
    I know exactly how you feel because alot of people just go
    "oh confront them" and that makes you seem desperate

try my idea of using that other friend to make a conversation about the party

and then ur "best" friend willl have to tell you

(Original post by Gathering)
    I know exactly how you feel because alot of people just go
    "oh confront them" and that makes you seem desperate

try my idea of using that other friend to make a conversation about the party

and then ur "best" friend willl have to tell you
    ok thanks I think I will try that then

ReputationRep:
    I really like this idea. Buuuuuut, the pics aren't on her site, they are on someone else's who went there, and I don't really get on with them

I might comment her profile however . . .

It's just that, me and her have had our ups and downs and have recently been getting on really really well, which is why I'm so surprised and upset about this, it's not like she left to go on holiday on bad terms with me
    She can't exactly invite you to someone elses party can she?
    esp. if you don't get along with them

in fact i think she didn't tell you so that it doesn't hurt your feelings.

ReputationRep:
    I really do suggest you speak to her before ou put your foot in, because sometimes these things can not be as bad as they seem. There might be some reason why she might not have been able to contact you - maybe you never got the text/email; maybe she got confused and thought you'd gone on holiday, etc.

(Original post by PPB)
    She can't exactly invite you to someone elses party can she?
    esp. if you don't get along with them

in fact i think she didn't tell you so that it doesn't hurt your feelings.
    Read the whole thread.

It's HER party. The pics of the party are on someone else's facebook profile. They are the person i don't get on with

ReputationRep:
    Read the whole thread.

It's HER party. The pics of the party are on someone else's facebook profile. They are the person i don't get on with
    lol, sorry about that, then i don't think you should even ask her why she didn't invite you.

Just let her know you know about the party without telling her and see how she reacts.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.