Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by igotthatsauce)
I am honoured and feel privileged to be asked to serve in the cabinet as Home Secretary. I will ensure that the human rights of our citizens are protected but also ensure that the security of our nation is of utmost importance.
What are you going to do about knife crimes and terrorism?
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
barnetlad Why have you continued to be CMS Secretary when you clearly stood on a green manifesto?

What are your thoughts on the Turkish player in Arsenal raising awareness for his oppressed fellow Muslims in China, and the Chinese blackout and Arsenal distancing after that?

On that point, does the Prime Minister also have something to say about China locking up more than a million Muslims in camps where they're forced to abandon their faith and allegedly make clothing for western companies?
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JMR2019.)
Last but not least barnetlad who will be Secretary for Culture, Media and Sport ⚽
I am pleased to continue in this post.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Baron of Sealand)
barnetlad Why have you continued to be CMS Secretary when you clearly stood on a green manifesto?

What are your thoughts on the Turkish player in Arsenal raising awareness for his oppressed fellow Muslims in China, and the Chinese blackout and Arsenal distancing after that?

On that point, does the Prime Minister also have something to say about China locking up more than a million Muslims in camps where they're forced to abandon their faith and allegedly make clothing for western companies?
I continue in the same post and am happy to do so and will advocate Green policies and propose them in government.

The response by the Chinese government in blacking out Arsenal matches is unacceptable. Mezut Ozil is entitled to his comments and views clearly made in a personal capacity and Arsenal FC to clarify this and not enter into this political discussion. Mezut Ozil may be a lazy player and I disagree with his support and question his friendship with the Turkish president, but this does not preclude his concerns for people in China.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Connor27)
3 posts on TSR total and an account created less than 2 weeks ago - obviously can’t be an important department then... oh wait
Last I checked, number of posts or age of account were not requirements for cabinet positions, neither written or unwritten convention dictates that. Instead of pretending there are norms that don't actually exist: why not begin writing legislation?
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The questions being asked should not be who are the new members of the cabinet but why those positions. I can only assume from the whipping appointments that whipping is planning on being very much a party-only affair in this coalition.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
igotthatsauce What will you do to combat murders in London as the metropolis goes into its most murderous year since 2008?
SacreBlan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are you going to do about knife crimes and terrorism?
igotthatsauce What will you do to combat murders in London as the metropolis goes into its most murderous year since 2008?
I personally believe that we need to ensure that we have enough police officers to deal with this type of crime. But I believe it is also a more complex issue that can not be solved by simply putting more officers on the streets. We need to ensure police officers know the community well enough to limit tensions, and perhaps most importantly focusing on education. I strongly believe that with education, young people in these communities reduce the chance of being forced into joining gangs. We need education on the issue of knife crime, but also education in general should not turn its back on young people from these areas as it's their only chance of getting out, getting a good job and moving up the social ladder. This is out of my remit but I do think that a contributory factor to this problem is schools being able to exclude pupils very easily, and therefore increasing the risk of these young people joining gangs and perhaps committing horrible crimes.

For terrorism I believe that we should ensure the security services have enough funding to do the job, along with avoiding hawkish foreign policy that will get us into more mess. I think that will go a long way to reduce terrorism but also similar to knife crimes, education is also a significant factor. If we can turn people who are being radicalised away from potentially committing terrorist acts then I think that will go a long way in protecting our democracy.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
JMR2019., I'd recommend renaming this thread as Ask the Government since the opposition seem to be using the thread to that effect already.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Following the loss of MI6 floor plans, what will the government do to protect the nation and the institution?
BosslyGaming
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Following the loss of MI6 floor plans, what will the government do to protect the nation and the institution?
The Foreign Office doesn't comment on individual security matters - however I can assure the House that we will look into what may have been lost, what dangers that information may carry and any necessary precautions we may need to take to ensure that we aren't compromised. Security of the nation is always the first responsibility of the Foreign Office and we will dedicate whatever resources are needed to ensure it.
SnowMiku
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What will this government do in regards to the cuts to legal aid?

Also, what will they do in regards to the growing anti-vaccination movement that has the potential to reintroduce deadly and contagious diseases into the general population, potentially causing an epidemic?
EagleKingdom
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bailey14 What are your opinions on the obesity rate across the United Kingdom and what provisions will you put in place to tackle the issue?
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Connor27)
I would like to congratulate the newly re-appointed equalities minister shadowdweller.

However as shadow Secretary of State I have to ask the member whether they believe that diversity of thought should be promoted within British universities and what policies the minister believes could be taken to achieve this?
Apologies for the delay with getting back to you on this - could you elaborate a little around what you mean by diversity of thoughts, please?
Bailey14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EagleKingdom)
Bailey14 What are your opinions on the obesity rate across the United Kingdom and what provisions will you put in place to tackle the issue?
The obesity rate is of course a challenging but important issue. I'll be looking into detailed provisions on tackling the issue but ideas that come to mind include public awareness and campaigns on healthy eating, exercise and the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. But as I said, I will look into a more detailed and constructive programme and inform the Rt. Hon. member when I have done so.
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
Apologies for the delay with getting back to you on this - could you elaborate a little around what you mean by diversity of thoughts, please?
Diversity of thought would be a range of philosophical, political and economic opinions rather than having one such strain of thought completely dominant in the academic discourse and amongst the staff and faculties of universities.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SnowMiku)
What will this government do in regards to the cuts to legal aid?

Also, what will they do in regards to the growing anti-vaccination movement that has the potential to reintroduce deadly and contagious diseases into the general population, potentially causing an epidemic?
I agree with the honourable Member that the anti-vaccination movement is a very bad thing. Information and campaigns are the first thing, and I shall discuss this with other Government members. My opinion if such a thing can be practical, and a way of identifying those who have had vaccinations can be done within data protection rules, would be to allow schools, other educational bodies and holiday companies to refuse any trips or overnight stays to those without certain vaccinations.
SnowMiku
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
I agree with the honourable Member that the anti-vaccination movement is a very bad thing. Information and campaigns are the first thing, and I shall discuss this with other Government members. My opinion if such a thing can be practical, and a way of identifying those who have had vaccinations can be done within data protection rules, would be to allow schools, other educational bodies and holiday companies to refuse any trips or overnight stays to those without certain vaccinations.
welp i'm not an MP (was I allowed to post?)
But that plan is good. So nice.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SnowMiku)
welp i'm not an MP (was I allowed to post?).
Yes :yes:
SnowMiku
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Yes :yes:
Thanks for the clarification
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (478)
66.48%
No (241)
33.52%

Watched Threads