Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm just wondering if it's healthy/unhealthy to eat between 900 and 1100 calories a day?

ReputationRep:
    for women - recommended calorie intake is 2000.... 900-1100 is waaaay off. you're not eating this little are you? or is it just a "wondering" question? I wouldn't recommend eating such a little amount if you're trying to lose weight by the way... only makes the body hold onto the fat and slows the metabolism.

ReputationRep:
    I would say it is very unhealthy, as it is undereating and could lead to major drops in weight and a BMI under the normal range.

Its best to aim for at least 1,500+ even when dieting as it stops your body from going into crisis mode and thinking its being underfed.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your gender, height, age.. If you're a woman, you should eat around 1200 calories to lose weight (on average). Generally 900-1100 is too little.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's unhealthy. But I'm guessing you already knew this.

ReputationRep:
    it depends on what kind of food you will be eating.. a lot of people survive on that amount of calories. but you need to eat at least enough to keep your metabolic rate going... i assume you are trying to lose weight/.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XskittyX)
    Hey,
    I'm just wondering if it's healthy/unhealthy to eat between 900 and 1100 calories a day?
    if you have half of an average woman's weight..then is ok
    just a simple question: how you would measure 900-1100kcal? is very hard to keep a diet like that and live a normal life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by storminaDcup)
    or is it just a "wondering" question?
    ^^^ Yeah... i guess i wonder too much! :rolleyes:
    I was just wondering because on packets of food it usually says 2000 calories, but it seems a lot and would easily make me gain weight... i guessed maybe theyre trying to make the world into a bunch of fatties lol.
    Cheers everybody!

ReputationRep:
    jesus what packets of food are you looking at?! haha!!
    just long as you're not trying to eat 900 calories a day, thats good!

ReputationRep:
    Some packets put on the average cal intake for a woman.... thats not what's in the food unless its something like lard/butter or a very big bar of chocolate?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by storminaDcup)
    for women - recommended calorie intake is 2000.... 900-1100 is waaaay off. you're not eating this little are you? or is it just a "wondering" question? I wouldn't recommend eating such a little amount if you're trying to lose weight by the way... only makes the body hold onto the fat and slows the metabolism.
    Any normal sized woman eating the recommended 2000kcal a day who doesnt also do the reasonably substantial recommended amounts of exercise is overeating...which is pretty much everybody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoeGeddaBowDeet)
    Any normal sized woman eating the recommended 2000kcal a day who doesnt also do the reasonably substantial recommended amounts of exercise is overeating...which is pretty much everybody.
    I know. But I'm just saying. 900 calories a day plus recommended amounts of exercise is definitely undereating and i was just pointing that out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.