Help and Pointers on how to study for GCSEs?

Watch
Faves_26
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys... I’m doing my GCSEs next year - 2020
And could I pls have help on how to study and achieve top grades on...

History:
E.P(religious studies):
Music GCSE:
Computer science:
English Literature:
English Language:
Maths:
Combined Science(higher):
And what to do in art - in order to at least get a 5!
Madzjade2000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello . I would advice that specifically for English Literature that you practice every question in both paper 1 and 2 and make sure you know fully what to expect . Revise the major quotes from all the poems and think “ if i got this in the exam what would i compare it to “ ? . Then practice a response . The key for English Lit is practice . For the novels and plays it is important that you revise the plot , all the key characters and key quotes that link to them , context and key themes . Through lots of hard work i managed to achieve a grade 8 and i could not of done it without the continuous practice . It does take a lot of work but it is do-able i promise .

For your other subjects find a way to revise thats best for you eg writing revision cards , watching videos , making mind maps ect .

I hope this helps and i wish you all the best for your GCSE exams .
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
re- know your facts and verses/sources of authority well; make sure you do lots of essay practice.
english lit- you gotta be familiar with your texts. themes, characters, quotes, context...make sure you're confident talking about them. lots of essay practice.
english lang- break down the questions so you know what they're asking for. then exam q practice.
maths- practice again really, that's all you can do to get better and be more confident with the different style of questions.
Faves_26
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you all so much!
I will do my best to apply all that I learned. And the tips that I’ve been told and seen.
I know that I will do my best to work hard! And do my best, because I don’t want to let myself down. I just hope that these 10 days I have left will be used very effectively and that I’m productive
Because honestly my goal is to work as hard as I can. And then achieve what comes out of what I’ve done and worked for. If I achieve all 5s in the next mock I will be proud as long as I actually revise and work as Hard as I can!
So thank you ALL! I appreciate it all !
Last edited by Faves_26; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed