Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Phantom Phoenix)
    Fair enough, I only knew my guy for a couple of years so I'm sure you'll be fine

Guilt, presumably?
    Yeh, that's what I thought. But he's taking it to the extreme!

It's really confusing though. I wish it was easy to make a decision like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thing is, I feel so bad because my boyfriend is being so clingy and one track minded (the relationship), even though it's a bit obsessive. Because he's more into the relationship and I'm not because of what he's done.
    I love him. But I don't know if I'm in love with him.
    It's complicated and I really need someone to give good advice.
    If you don't know if you're in love with him, you probably aren't.
    Don't stay in a relationship that smothers you just because he has grown
    obsessive possesive, its not healthy or fair on you.

The friend sounds nice, maybe you could talk to him about breaking up with
    your boyfriend and see if he seems happy about it?

(Original post by Emmska)
    If you don't know if you're in love with him, you probably aren't.
    Don't stay in a relationship that smothers you just because he has grown
    obsessive possesive, its not healthy or fair on you.

The friend sounds nice, maybe you could talk to him about breaking up with
    your boyfriend and see if he seems happy about it?
    I have spoken to him about it and he's told me not to stay in the family tradition (my mother had problems with my father). He's also said a few times and I quote
    'it really grinds me up when men don't treat women as they should be treated'
    when we're discussing my relationship.
    But that could just be him looking out for me as a friend.
    I don't know how to tell the difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have spoken to him about it and he's told me not to stay in the family tradition (my mother had problems with my father). He's also said a few times and I quote
    'it really grinds me up when men don't treat women as they should be treated'
    when we're discussing my relationship.
    But that could just be him looking out for me as a friend.
    I don't know how to tell the difference?
    I doubt he would say that to just anyone.. But obviously time will tell, I think he sounds really sweet though and more deserving of your affection

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of how you feel about your friend, I definately think you should end things with your boyfriend and have some space to think about things, because it seems to me that if he wasn't being so obsessive you would have ended it with him already.

If your friend does like you and is as much of a gentleman as you say he is, chances are he'd refuse to start anything with you whilst you were with your boyfriend or if he felt he'd just be a rebound for you.

And even if you just stay as friends, at least you can count yourself lucky that you do have such a good friend

:hugs:

(Original post by Emmska)
    I doubt he would say that to just anyone.. But obviously time will tell, I think he sounds really sweet though and more deserving of your affection
    Yeah I guess so.

(Original post by Faery_Lights)
    Regardless of how you feel about your friend, I definately think you should end things with your boyfriend and have some space to think about things, because it seems to me that if he wasn't being so obsessive you would have ended it with him already.

If your friend does like you and is as much of a gentleman as you say he is, chances are he'd refuse to start anything with you whilst you were with your boyfriend or if he felt he'd just be a rebound for you.

And even if you just stay as friends, at least you can count yourself lucky that you do have such a good friend

:hugs:
    Yeh, I think he probably would refuse whilst I'm in a relationship, but then neither would I try anything with him because I don't believe in cheating, no matter what the circumstances are.
    I would be afraid of him feeling like a rebound though, but he really woudn't be. I've been thinking about him a lot and I think that if we got together we'd stay together for a long time. I said in an earlier post, I liked him about 3 years ago, a few months before the boyfriend came on the scene.

Anyone else got some advice on the situation?
    Maybe some guys?

anything?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.