Oaths of allegiance/Solemn Affiliation (Parliament 30) Watch

Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Under the Guidance Document, MPs are requested to begin the term by making the oath of allegiance or the solemn affirmation. This thread is being reposted as the previous one broke

The text of the oath is:
I (name of Member) swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.

The text of the affirmation is:
I (name of Member) do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.

There is also the option to take the oath in the Scottish manner, or to swear in Welsh, Cornish, or Scottish Gaelic alongside English. Information regarding this can be found here.

All MP usergroup requests have been accepted where submitted, and I will not be considering a failure to swear the oath as disqualifying any member from undertaking the duties of an MP.

Those who have done this in the previous thread need not do so again.
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did but I'm not sure if it sent or not - I can't see it on the thread so I'm gonna do it again
I, Glaz, do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
Cabin19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I, Cabin19, do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
Bailey14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I, Bailey14 do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
BosslyGaming
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I, BosslyGaming, do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
5ATB
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I, 5ATB, do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
Paracosm
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I, Paracosm, do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
lozzarae97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I, Lauren Rae Harley, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Twice as nice.

I, The Mogg do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.

Yr wyf yn addo, trwy gymorth y Goruchaf, y byddaf yn ffyddlon ac yn wir deyrngar i’w Mawrhydi, y Frenhines Elizabeth, ei hetifeddion a’i holynwyr, yn ôl y Ddeddf, yn wyneb Duw.
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I, LiberOfLondon, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anywho, I suppose the thread broke because someone decided to take the oath in Punjabi and TSR has a distaste of foreign scripts, except, funnily enough, Cyrilic (I once broke a thread on the East Turkestan concentration camps by posting in Chinese to wind a certain Chinese troll who shall not be named up)
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I, CatusStarbright, do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
We've given up waiting for the Father of the House, I take it...
He did it in the last thread before it got broken, albeit he took a long time and 3 people did it before him there.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As a republican I take this oath solely to serve the people of Mid and West Wales who sent me here:

I swear by Almighty God that I shall be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law, so help me God.

Fel gweriniaethwr dw i ddim ond yn tyngu'r llw yma er mwyn gwasanethu pobl Canolbarth a Gorllewin Cymru, a wnaeth fy nanfon i yma:

Yr wyf yn datgan drwy gymorth y Goruchaf y byddaf yn ffyddlon ac yn wir deyrngar i'w Mawrhydi y Frenhines Elisabeth, a'i hetifeddion a'i holynwyr, yn ôl y ddeddf, yng ngwyneb Duw.
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fel gweriniaethwr dw i ddim ond yn tyngu'r llw yma er mwyn gwasanethu pobl Canolbarth a Gorllewin Cymru, a wnaeth fy nanfon i yma:

Yr wyf yn datgan drwy gymorth y Goruchaf y byddaf yn ffyddlon ac yn wir deyrngar i'w Mawrhydi y Frenhines Elisabeth, a'i hetifeddion a'i holynwyr, yn ôl y ddeddf, yng ngwyneb Duw.
Popty ping
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
Popty ping
Oi mate do you mind not mocking my culture thank you very much. May I remind you of me and my popty pings...

Spoiler:
Show
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Oi mate do you mind not mocking my culture thank you very much. May I remind you of me and my popty pings...
*Poptai ping???
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
*Poptai ping???
Oh deary me, in the excitement of showing off my poptai ping I said it completely wrong. But you've got to admit, popty pings sounds cooler...
BosslyGaming
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I thought it was popty ping?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Could any father discussion on Popty Pings please take place in the bar?

The Mogg
LiberOfLondon
Can’t tag Fez.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (195)
67.71%
No (93)
32.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise