Oaths of allegiance/Solemn Affiliation (Parliament 30) Watch

EagleKingdom
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I, EagleKingdom, swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.
Miriam29
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I Miriam29 do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.

Yr wyf yn addo, trwy gymorth y Goruchaf, y byddaf yn ffyddlon ac yn wir deyrngar i’w Mawrhydi, y Frenhines Elizabeth, ei hetifeddion a’i holynwyr, yn ôl y Ddeddf, yn wyneb Duw.
cranbrook_aspie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The following is a pile of bull**** and my only allegiance is to the interests of the common people of the United Kingdom and the world at large. I take this oath only as a means to an end.

I, cranbrook_aspie, do solemnly, sincerely and faithfully declare and affirm that I will bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God.

🖕🏻
yaseen1000
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My allegiance is to the interest of the common people of the UK ONLY , so I take the following oath

I Yaseen1000 swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the people of this nation ,So help me God.
Last edited by yaseen1000; 1 month ago
the_pazter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I the_pazter, do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Andrew97
(Original post by yaseen1000)
My allegiance is to the interest of the common people of the UK ONLY , so I take the following oath

I Yaseen1000 swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the people of this nation ,So help me God.
Point of order Mister Speaker this (not so) honourable member has made a mockery of the oath/affirmation and not properly declared their loyalty. Will you therefore expel this member from the house and vacate their seat “as if they were dead”?
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Connor27)
Andrew97

Point of order Mister Speaker this (not so) honourable member has made a mockery of the oath/affirmation and not properly declared their loyalty. Will you therefore expel this member from the house and vacate their seat “as if they were dead”?
I don’t see that as being necessary.
Moreover the OP states that failure to take the oath does not stop one from carrying out their duties as an MP
yaseen1000 could you do it properly please?
Last edited by Andrew97; 1 month ago
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Connor27)
Andrew97

Hear hear
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Could we not just get JMR's post deleted to fix the old thread?
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Could we not just get JMR's post deleted to fix the old thread?
No, it's taken out the edit button and the moderator console from which that post could be deleted too.
MrDystopia
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
No, it's taken out the edit button and the moderator console from which that post could be deleted too.
That would be why things are so off when I saw Mr T 999's quote for me!
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
the app is a thing...

(Original post by MrDystopia)
That would be why things are so off when I saw Mr T 999's quote for me!
That's because it only broke the browser, not the app
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the app is a thing...
As far as I can see that doesn't have moderation capability on it at all...
Andrew97
Rep:
?
the app is a thing...

That's because it only broke the browser, not the app
I find the app confusing and impossible to use and don’t even have it. The better option was to just whip up a new thread rather than playing around with the app, not knowing what I’m doing.
quirky editor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Andrew97 Is this really necessary?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
(Original post by quirky editor)
Andrew97 Is this really necessary?
It’s part of the GD, and is now part of tradition more than anything.
quirky editor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't want to be a hypocrite after I criticised the speaker not following the GD so here goes.

In order so that I am able to serve my constituents:
I Quirky Editor do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed