The Student Room Group

Business and Management at Lincoln University

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone studying business and management at either Lincoln university or anywhere else, could shine some light on what the course is like and if it is difficult, I’m currently taking business at college, a BTech to be more specific, and fortunately I’m passing it with straight As. I’m very nervous about university life and I’m very uncertain on what to expect when and if I attend their. I still don’t really know what I want to do in life, which is freaking me out as most others around me seem to have their lives planned out. But if it would be possible for anyone to just reply to this and help me find out what I should be expecting and if the business and management course is difficult. It would also be helpful if anyone could tell me how many hours of work they do, in and out of university. And if the teachers/professors are helpful. I really appreciate any advice or reply. Thank you :smile:
Original post by DanLamberton
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone studying business and management at either Lincoln university or anywhere else, could shine some light on what the course is like and if it is difficult, I’m currently taking business at college, a BTech to be more specific, and fortunately I’m passing it with straight As. I’m very nervous about university life and I’m very uncertain on what to expect when and if I attend their. I still don’t really know what I want to do in life, which is freaking me out as most others around me seem to have their lives planned out. But if it would be possible for anyone to just reply to this and help me find out what I should be expecting and if the business and management course is difficult. It would also be helpful if anyone could tell me how many hours of work they do, in and out of university. And if the teachers/professors are helpful. I really appreciate any advice or reply. Thank you :smile:

Hi @DanLamberton,

I am a current undergraduate student at Lincoln, my course if different to yours but the Lincoln International Business School is very popular! Many of my friends are studying some form of business related courses and from the feedback, the lecturers are very helpful and would always be there to support you when and if you need it.

For the business school, you would have a mixture of theory reports, group work, assessments and practicals. Alongside that, you would also have lectures and seminars (contact hours) up to 14 hours a week and you are advice to do additional readings (non contact hours), double the hours of your contact hours - so for example, if you have 14 contact hours, you should do 28 non contact hours. Every course is challenging in its own way but what you put into it is what you get out of it :smile:

In addition, there is an opportunity to do a placement year where you can enter into a business for real work experience to help with recruitment after graduating.

Don't worry if you don't know what you want to do yet, I still don't know what to do with my degree and I'm graduating next year! A lot of people at university change their mind about their career.

I hope this helps!
Visit the Business and Management course page for more information about the course.

Natt :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending