Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My experience of part worn/remould on farm vehicles tells me enough. They're going nowhere near my car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bavarian Motor Works)
    Part worns are perfectly fine if you quickly inspect the tyre....

if i had a 206 i would be happy to place a part worn tyre if i need a one of tyre.

Explain whats so crap about part worn tyres?
    Have fun with your blow out

ReputationRep:
    Part worns are perfectly fine if you quickly inspect the tyre....

if i had a 206 i would be happy to place a part worn tyre if i need a one of tyre.

Explain whats so crap about part worn tyres?

And the average driver is a tyre expert? I don't think so.

Having been right behind a blowout on a motorway, I won't be going anywhere NEAR part worn tyres. Ever.

Also, for some people, a 206 or whatever is ALL they can afford - either to buy, or to be insured upon. Just because they aren't brand new BMWs doesn't mean that it doesn't matter to the owners if they suffer a blowout/some other failing.

ReputationRep:
    If its only 1 tyre and its a below average car ( 206 etc) then i see no issue .
    once again your BMW driver tosspot persona wins out

part worn is the last last last resort you simply don't know the history - budget / mid range new or good remoulds ( many track tyres are remoulds ... ) are far safer becasue the new tyres are new and if made to standards should be good for many miles ditto the remoulds

ReputationRep:
    Having to change my front tyres soon, one is on the legal limit of 1.6mm, the other is at 2mm

Thankfully I have a pal working at Bridgestone who can get discount, he's getting me a quote tomorrow

Full price the tyres would be about £45-50 each. I fully believe that tyres are the one area where you should absolutely not skimp on safety to save money.

BMW - I think people are taking exception to you advocating part worn tyres, when you clearly personally wouldn't put them on your Beamer.

Additionally, just because someone is driving a 206 doesn't mean they are poor, or should stick to using inferior car components because their car isn't as 'executive' as other brands/models.

ReputationRep:
    Ok,

No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to use a part worn :confused:
    No one is holding a gun to your head, forcing you to give crap advice.
    Yet you persist...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    No one is holding a gun to your head, forcing you to give crap advice.
    Yet you persist...
    Oh my God!

ROFL.

ROFL :woo: :woo: ROFL

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 19, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.