Turn on thread page Beta

Who was the guy watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rummang)
    Notice how I posted 2 answers. I said if you're arms are BIGGER than his, then you wouldn't be a 'skinny girl'. But you've cleared that up by saying you have more definition/tone.

When you're a powerlifter your initial priority is to lift as much as you can. Toning up your muscles comes after. So basically the 'bigger muscles = awesome' is because bigger muscles is what helps you lift heavier weights...not body tone.

Also, the guys reason for 'bigger muscles = awesome' is for kicking the **** out of others. Ha.

Muscle:

could kick the **** out of

Tone:
    I like tone... Tone is good. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aconite)
    It was me. What would you like to know?
    Which muscles have you build uo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I like tone... Tone is good. :yep:
    Yeah I have to agree. Tone > muscle, imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    Yeah I have to agree. Tone > muscle, imo.
    You're talking completely out of context. Take a video camera with you and tell that to a powerlifter. The reason you take a video camera is so you can show us how far he threw you.

To expand on this -just in case you didn't understand- the context I'm talking about is 'powerlifting', the context you're talking about is 'looks'. So now please proceed to shut the **** up.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You're talking completely out of context. Take a video camera with you and tell that to a powerlifter. The reason you take a video camera is so you can show us how far he threw you.

To expand on this -just in case you didn't understand- the context I'm talking about is 'powerlifting', the context you're talking about is 'looks'. So now please proceed to shut the **** up.

Thanks.
    I think you've missed the point of mine and Georgias post mate

I prefer the look of the toned guy (though TBH I'm a Ryan Reynolds fan anyway so :gthumb: good choice) because quite frankly, the muscely one scares me and is not at all attractive :p:

But yeah, so the two guys up there are good for different things, right? RR wouldn't be any good in a power lifting competition... And t'other guy *probably* wouldn't do well as a bit of eye candy for most girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I think you've missed the point of mine and Georgias post mate
    Haha yeah I think he probably has. I'm a girl, powerlifting or whatever is a totally new concept to me, so of course I'm going to go for the aesthetic appeal.

ReputationRep:
    the context I'm talking about is 'powerlifting', the context you're talking about is 'looks'.
    I haven't missed any point. I know exactly what you're talking about, hence I posted what you're talking about before you "explained" it to me.

Haha yeah I think he probably has. I'm a girl, powerlifting or whatever is a totally new concept to me, so of course I'm going to go for the aesthetic appeal.
    Being a girl isn't an excuse for ignorance. Did you pass P.E.? -or did they not allow a GIRL do P.E.?- And if you did pass it's just proof how crap the current school education system is - or maybe how stupid you are?. You're taught about muscular strength and muscular endurance. Possibly the most important factors in physical education as they're the base for people to mold their bodies for their specified reason.

Here's a quick P.E. lesson for you:

Muscular Strength = HIGH weight, LOW rep

Muscular Endurance = LOW weight, HIGH REP

ReputationRep:
    omg why do these threads always turn into a massive argument?!

tone one looks gooooood !!

ReputationRep:
    Did you pass P.E.? -or did they not allow a GIRL do P.E.?- And if you did pass it's just proof how crap the current school education system is - or maybe how stupid you are?. You're taught about muscular strength and muscular endurance. Possibly the most important factors in physical education as they're the base for people to mold their bodies for their specified reason.

Here's a quick P.E. lesson for you:

Muscular Strength = HIGH weight, LOW rep

Muscular Endurance = LOW weight, HIGH REP
    I didn't even DO PE thanks, so way to assume I'm unintelligent simply for not caring about muscular strength and/or endurance. We hit hockey balls/tennis balls about depending on season or played dodgeball if it was tipping it down. As I'm not intending on moulding my body for any reason whatsoever, because it naturally does just what I want it to, knowledge of such matters is trivial to me.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even DO PE thanks, so way to assume I'm unintelligent simply for not caring about muscular strength and/or endurance. We hit hockey balls/tennis balls about depending on season or played dodgeball if it was tipping it down.
    Sounds like a crap school. Unlucky.

As I'm not intending on moulding my body for any reason whatsoever, because it naturally does just what I want it to, knowledge of such matters is trivial to me.
    Trivial? Only because you're so ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a crap school. Unlucky.

Trivial? Only because you're so ignorant.

It was fab, I hate forced sports so PE got so much better when it splintered into those who took GCSE PE and those who didn't.

I don't view not being bothered about fitness/bodybuilding as ignorant, much in the same way I wouldn't call you ignorant if you had no interest in particle physics.

ReputationRep:
    I call you ignorant because you said

knowledge of such matters is trivial to me
    As if to say that "Why would anyone want to know this?"

And if that's not how you wanted your "point" to be put across, you need to learn how to put a point across.

p.s. I'm done with this. Have fun quoting me and writing some more stupid bull crap.

ReputationRep:
    I don't view not being bothered about fitness/bodybuilding as ignorant, much in the same way I wouldn't call you ignorant if you had no interest in particle physics.
    So, which is better: a super-collider or a gauss gun?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.