Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right. I need help. I've always worn trainers and being 20 yrs old, i thought i might try to wear something more sophisticated every now and then. Now i'm size 1 so i'm limited to the kid's section when it comes to shoes. So i thought i would start off wearing pumps as a lot of them are basically miniture versions of the adult ones anyway. So i tried on a few pairs but the problem is that my feet are very wide at the front and extremely narrow at the back, so it would never stay in the pump when i walk, even when i wear the smallest size i could fit into. So then i moved onto those ones with straps across, as they would hold my feet in, but being my size, they make me look like a 8 yr old on her first day at school. So i figured if i get one with the straps and heels as well, they would look less childish, so now i have a pair with about 1.5 inch and they fit well. The problem is... i can't walk in them, i was in agony before i got half way down the street.
    So... what should i do? Should i just stick to trainers for the rest of my life? :

ReputationRep:
    How tall are you? I had size 1 feet when I was 5. Literally.

ReputationRep:
    5'3''

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 8, damn, I'm like a sodding giant! :mad:

Try here: http://www.barratts.co.uk/webapp/wcs...cid=1163297187

These are pretty, and a size one.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps go to a 'proper' shoe shop that measures feet on one of those machines and see what they have in stock.

Alternatively perhaps try shopping on the internet because they have a greater selection although the issue of having wide feet and finding shoes to fit this required need may be difficult.

I'm not sure if NHS podiatrists can organise special footwear but they may be able to put you in touch with a company who will be able to cater for your specific need... first step might be ringing NHS direct or simply searching on the internet.

Hope that helped...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **Kate**)
    5'3''
    I have the opposite problem.

Sorry, I can't suggest anything constructive.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried the kind of pumps, with no backs on this may work.

My brother is 7 and has size 4 feet, he is kind of abnoramally tall though

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could try flat pumps which have an ankle strap. That way they won't fall off your feet and you wont have any difficulty walking in them because they don't have heels.

Don't give up too soon! I'm sure theres a pair out there that will fit you perfectly and then you'll understand what wearing shoes is all about

ReputationRep:
    is it just that you are unused to heels? if so, just try to wear them as long as you can, "a bit longer each time" etc. Practice makes perfect? :P

ReputationRep:
    I have no constructive suggestion but I'm sending you lots of virtual love and sympathy because I also have awkward feet and I know how miserable shoe-shopping can be. I thought I had it bad, but I've never heard of size 1 feet...things must be really difficult for you.:console:

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest a proper shoe store too, where you'll find a good pair of shoes that will last you.

I can't remember what store I was in, but they had size 1 adult shoes... It might have been Dolcis or Barretts or Clarks or something.

ReputationRep:
    How about insoles? Not quite sure if that's what you're after, but it could work.

ReputationRep:
    At least you don't have to pay tax

have you tried vintage shoes?

ReputationRep:
    I agree what someone else said about wearing shoes with an ankle strap, or ones with a bit of elastic over the top of the foot.

ReputationRep:
    About the heel pain...

Practise, practise, practise, get drunk, practise, practise...

:p:

ReputationRep:
    aww that's tiny and so lovely!
    go to a deichmann. i work in the kids bit and there are quite a few shoes that go down to a size one which i, as a self-respecting seventeenyear old, would choose to wear!
    there are quite a few pairs of nice flats(black patent pointed ones, round toe ones in black or white, some coloured pairs, some really smart looking pairs like pointed leather ones with a tiny heel and silver buckle) for £5.99-9.99 and you could always sew a tiny piece of elastic or ribbon near the ankle to help keep them on.

edit: insoles! yes! you can buy this very small insole thing which sticks around the back of your heel and helps to make the shoe more comfortable(yanno someitme tyou get those blisters back o f the ankle?) and to keep a slightly too big shoe on. £1.49 a pair where i work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazza)
    have you tried vintage shoes?
    I second this suggestion. Women's feet have got bigger in recent years so it only makes sense to go for something with a little age to it. You can get some fabulous vintage shoes these days and they won't be ridiculously high heeled as it wasn't the fashion back then. I'd definitely try for vintage shoes.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.