Turn on thread page Beta

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e349...eature=related

I am actually shocked that from a statistical sample, 70% of the population assumed Sadam Hussein was behind the 9/11 attacks.
    Am I right to think that the government has purposely misled people to supporting the invasion of Iraq?

ReputationRep:
    Are Americans really that thick despite having some amazing universities|?

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care. In response to the thread title - it probably is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtired)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    but that's a map of africa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josepharthur)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e349...eature=related

I am actually shocked that from a statistical sample, 70% of the population assumed Sadam Hussein was behind the 9/11 attacks.
    Am I right to think that the government has purposely misled people to supporting the invasion of Iraq?
    70% of the people they asked. If I ask ten people where Australia is and seven of them point to Europe, I can't then say that 70% of Americans think Australia is in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtired)
    err it's a joke about americans and geography...
    fair play.. i didn't even read the thread tbh.

ReputationRep:
    the threads title is awesome, amusing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Day)
    70% of the people they asked. If I ask ten people where Australia is and seven of them point to Europe, I can't then say that 70% of Americans think Australia is in Europe.
    Erhm :rolleyes: Did I make any of those claims?
    How did you ever pass GCSE English if you cannot read a sentence properly :confused:

ReputationRep:
    As always, a serious thread is moved to "chat" by some powersick mod who opposes my views :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It isn't really serious is it though. " Americans are dumb, ha ha " is about the gist of the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed.)
    It isn't really serious is it though. " Americans are dumb, ha ha " is about the gist of the thread.
    Of course not.
    And the thread title is an old quote.

ReputationRep:
    Erhm :rolleyes: Did I make any of those claims?
    How did you ever pass GCSE English if you cannot read a sentence properly :confused:
    Truth be told, you did.

And as for the other bit, look at where I live. "Look at my location" if you can't comprehend my meaning.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'll also point out that when you express your opinion on whatever subject you're talking about so fervently in the thread title, it precludes any fair and balanced discussion (as in General Discussion) and relegates the thread to simply bashing Americans. I suppose some mod thought it best to preserve General Discussion for threads that will hopefully accomplish something.

edit: This applies to any of the more serious sub forums. I picked GD out as an example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Day)
    I guess I'll also point out that when you express your opinion on whatever subject you're talking about so fervently in the thread title, it precludes any fair and balanced discussion (as in General Discussion) and relegates the thread to simply bashing Americans. I suppose some mod thought it best to preserve General Discussion for threads that will hopefully accomplish something.

edit: This applies to any of the more serious sub forums. I picked GD out as an example.
    The thread title is a quote by Ambrose Bierce :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The thread title is a quote by Ambrose Bierce :rolleyes:
    I caught that from the video. However, Ambrose Bierce didn't post this thread in the hopes of spawning pointless conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Why "D-Day" as a username, D-Day?

ReputationRep:
    Americans are ******s, this obviously isn't a generalisation.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7-1sn7...eature=related

WHAT A FOOKING MORON.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    Why "D-Day" as a username, D-Day?
    There's a film called Animal House. It's good; you should see it. In the film, there is an obscure character named Daniel Simpson Day. His nickname is D-Day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totally Tom)
    Americans are ******s, this obviously isn't a generalisation.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7-1sn7...eature=related

WHAT A FOOKING MORON.
    How is that not a generalization?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Day)
    How is that not a generalization?
    well it obviously is, which is why i put obviously.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.