School uniform (Blazers and Jumper) online

Watch
kaku2411
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi All,
My dear son is going to join secondary school very soon and I tried to look for his blazer and jumper online with a school logo on, but unfortunately I could not find that online anywhere.

Look like I am forced to buy it from the authorised dealer which school dictates, to be honest it is a complete rip off to buy a blazer for 39.99£.

Could someone recommend where else can I buy blazers and sweater online as I am sure it should be much cheaper than what authorised shop selling it for?

In anticipation of early reply!

Regards
kaku
AfricanDream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by kaku2411)
Hi All,
My dear son is going to join secondary school very soon and I tried to look for his blazer and jumper online with a school logo on, but unfortunately I could not find that online anywhere.

Look like I am forced to buy it from the authorised dealer which school dictates, to be honest it is a complete rip off to buy a blazer for 39.99£.

Could someone recommend where else can I buy blazers and sweater online as I am sure it should be much cheaper than what authorised shop selling it for?

Regards
kaku
For the Blazer, couldn't you maybe buy the badge that goes on the official blazer (some suppliers don't always sew this on until the blazer is purchased,e.g. if the blazer is black and could be used for multiple schools just with different school badges) from the supplier and then buy a generic blazer in the right colour and sew it on?

Might be good to see if this is possible as it would save you money.
kaku2411
Rep:
?
(Original post by AfricanDream)
For the Blazer, couldn't you maybe buy the badge that goes on the official blazer (some suppliers don't always sew this on until the blazer is purchased,e.g. if the blazer is black and could be used for multiple schools just with different school badges) from the supplier and then buy a generic blazer in the right colour and sew it on?

Might be good to see if this is possible as it would save you money.
Thanks for the reply AfricanDream.
Unfortunately, that's not possible as the colour is bottle green and not too many schools have that colour.

Still, the question remains the same, why, I am being forced to buy from the greedy seller, is it because schools are getting commissions from these "authorised" suppliers?
SnowMiku
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Unfortunately, that's not possible as the colour is bottle green and not too many schools have that colour.

Still, the question remains the same, why, I am being forced to buy from the greedy seller, is it because schools are getting commissions from these "authorised" suppliers?
I don't think schools get commissions (otherwise they'd open the change of stores up to get as many sales are possible), it's more the sellers themselves can charge whatever they want when they know they're the only supplier.
anime<3gaming
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thats just the nature of things I'm afraid and depending on the size will increase the price. My advice try get at least 1 size bigger or maybe two so long as it doesnt look too baggy and just make sure he keeps it in good condition. It should last 2 years. maybe three. But make sure he always takes it off during break so he doesnt rough-house in it. Nowt you can do really. Everyone has to go through that
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Can you not afford the school uniform? Usually schools would help by providing bursaries I would have thought?
AfricanDream
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

No problem, sorry that is not an option.
kaku2411
Rep:
?
(Original post by SnowMiku)
I don't think schools get commissions (otherwise they'd open the change of stores up to get as many sales are possible), it's more the sellers themselves can charge whatever they want when they know they're the only supplier.
wishful thinking, I spoke to one of the suppliers (of a different school though) and he did mention about paying to schools as well for each purchase.
kaku2411
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Can you not afford the school uniform? Usually schools would help by providing bursaries I would have thought?
it is not about whether I can afford or not, it is about paying ridiculous money for something which is not that worth.

Anyhow there might be the case that parents don't bother too much to look online for the uniforms and simply buy from the authorised supplier. In my opinion, most of the times we can get better quality with the lesser price when shop online.
SnowMiku
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
wishful thinking, I spoke to one of the suppliers (of a different school though) and he did mention about paying to schools as well for each purchase.
I wasn't aware that was a thing! Oof ;-; I don't think my school's supplier does that though, so it might just be a school-by-school basis?
kaku2411
Rep:
?
(Original post by SnowMiku)
I wasn't aware that was a thing! Oof ;-; I don't think my school's supplier does that though, so it might just be a school-by-school basis?
have a look at that too https://www.talentedladiesclub.com/a...ur-zoe-taylor/, she specifically said: "I offer commission to each and every school on every single item sold.".....
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi All,

Regards
kaku
When is he starting Secondary school?
SnowMiku
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
have a look at that too https://www.talentedladiesclub.com/a...ur-zoe-taylor/, she specifically said: "I offer commission to each and every school on every single item sold.".....
Oof... consider my view changed
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Buy a second-hand blazer?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (131)
14.72%
I'm not sure (40)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (267)
30%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.47%
I'm not a current university student (430)
48.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise