Report 10 years ago
16. And yes - MUCH BETTER!!

Slightly awkward at christmas though..
hannah_dru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
4 and definitely better off. My father is a nutcase.
It's A Well Known Fact...
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
9 really don't know if i'm any better off. I don't feel like i've suffered though
Alison89
Report 10 years ago
I was about 2 and no I don't think it's better. I really wish I'd grown up with my dad too (only in a happy situation though). I wonder sometimes just how different my life would be
cadaeibfeceh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Alison89)
I was about 2 and no I don't think it's better. I really wish I'd grown up with my dad too (only in a happy situation though). I wonder sometimes just how different my life would be
I guess we'll never know...

But what are the odds that your experience has made it so that you'll make extra-sure that your own kids have a happy family life?
HJV
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
0 years old.
ProgressDesired
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
10, and yes, I think I am much better off now.
Alison89
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
I guess we'll never know...

But what are the odds that your experience has made it so that you'll make extra-sure that your own kids have a happy family life?
That's true. It'll be interesting to see, with the huge number of broken marriages around now, if the trend in the next what 10/15 years will go down with more of us being more sensitive to keeping a family together?
cadaeibfeceh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Alison89)
That's true. It'll be interesting to see, with the huge number of broken marriages around now, if the trend in the next what 10/15 years will go down with more of us being more sensitive to keeping a family together?
yeah we will...but isn't in interesting that most of the replies to this thread have said that the kids ARE better off because of split parents?
Mattgeezer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
happened so i was born, So not really sure.
Punk Phloyd
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
16. Definitely better off, much prefer just living with my dad. Shame about the step-mother though
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was 6 (had just turned 6 - it was a couple of weeks after my birthday).

I suppose I am better off in the sense that I didn't have to listen to the fights any more between my parents, but I missed out a lot on knowing my dad whilst I was growing up, which is a shame.
luce20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
18, although it should have been when I was about 12. Needless to say, divorce was very ugly, I have dealt with severe depression since it, live with my mother,(who I dispise), and sadly can't live with my dad, as he lives on a boat.
ooze
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
15, and hell yes.
"Cheer Up Charlie"
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's pretty bad to think most people on TSR can answer this question isn't it!?
I was 4 and i think my dad will be splitting again with my stepmum soon!
Better off? Yes, but the arguing between both parents is awful!
kiki28
Report 10 years ago
i was 15

and im definitaly better off
Anonymous #1
Report 10 years ago
I'll probably be 21 by the time my parents are divorced. While I'm sure it will be tough to adjust to, surely things will be better than they are now. Growing up with parents who hate each other wasn't exactly fun. Things have got worse recently as my mum & dad offload their woes onto me, which has somewhat hampered my attempts to recover from depression.
Steffiewoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
7 when they split and 9 when they divorced I think. I have no idea if I'm now better off for it.
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
11. I was shattered and neither was cheating but mum hated the country she was living in, and so came back to the UK with me. Dad has always been an emotional person and still misses her 8 years on. I tell him to move on and find a partner, but he struggles. very very sad. I would have been so happy if dad found someone and moved on, and didn't sulk.

plz keep anon or delete.
bitterendx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wish mine would :/

They split up when I was 3/4 for about 6 months though. But my dad turned crazy stalker, cutting her phones wires, taking pieces of her car away so she couldn't drive, etc. :/

Now they're both alcoholics and argue every single time they drink.
Which would be, pretty much every day -_-
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (75)
19.38%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (157)
40.57%
Nope, not that interesting (155)
40.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed