• Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SnowMiku)
IK it's a joke motion, i'm just making a point
edit: Sounds passive aggressive on my point, wasn't meant
That's alright then. On your previous point, you do reach a dangerous point when the Government is deciding what content an independent newspaper can produce. Of course it would be different if just applied to "The Moon" because it would be produced by the Government, but banning all newspapers from producing such content (or any content for that matter) would be a small dangerous step towards authoritarianism, freedom of the press and all. Also, if the people perceived as being objectified are willing participants then there should be no issue.
SnowMiku
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
On your last point, I agree but wouldn't that objectification be extended to everyone of that group, regardless if they want it or not, with the way the media works?
Plus, at the minute, the people in The Sun aren't necessarily consenting to this. If the OP wants an equal measure, then surely it'd be the same? That only exacerbates the issue.
Also, all newspaper aren't technically independent though, seeing as everyone has political leanings.
Last edited by SnowMiku; 1 month ago
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Excuse me sir but what about the other 32905851 genders? Where is their allocated spot to be objectified??
”If I had £1 for every gender there was, I'd have £2 and a load of counterfeits”
(Original post by Thomp0)
Would 'The Moon' present actual, factual news to continue its duality?
And present a truthful account of the Hillsborough disaster/Freddie Starr's hamster?
Also: How can we count on the impartiality of the BBC as a newspaper if it were to be run by the government? Couldn't it just be used to push propaganda?
edit: minus the whole page 3 thing
Fixed that for you...
SnowMiku
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
”If I had £1 for every gender there was, I'd have £2 and a load of counterfeits”

And present a truthful account of the Hillsborough disaster/Freddie Starr's hamster?

Fixed that for you...
.... I wasn't ever referring to the BBC, but ok.
Plus, they're not a newspaper.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Thomp0)
Would 'The Moon' present actual, factual news to continue its duality?
Ain't nobody got the budget for that. It will just make up celebrity gossips about another planet.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
^^

Also: How can we count on the impartiality of The Moon as a newspaper if it were to be run by the government? Couldn't it just be used to push propaganda?
edit: minus the whole page 3 thing
Equality is our primary concern.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Excuse me sir but what about the other 32905851 genders? Where is their allocated spot to be objectified??
They will have to submit their own motion, I'm afraid.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This item has been withdrawn.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (477)
66.43%
No (241)
33.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed