Instant Noodles Watch

User188463
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Shask)
I've adored these since I was about 5 years old. Had probably too much of them over the years. Forget pot noodle, I'm talking about the little packets with the flavour satchet. The Chinese supermarket near me stocks so many varieties of them :coma: Anyone else into them?

Oh, I need a way to add egg to them. When you crack the egg straight into the boiling noodles, it cooks but it turns into stringy white egg, which isn't very nice.
Boil the noodles, then chuck them in a wok with a bit of veg oil and crack the egg in whilst mixing them up with chopsticks. Chuck in some soy sauce and then the random powder stuff. Dont forget the sesame oil to flavour!
Cupid Stunt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FireDeuce)
Kidding yourself.
Anything which has "loads of vegetables" and is described as "healthy" is never nice.
Vegetable lasagne is great..but not healthy, so does not fit into this category.
What?? lol!!!

Vegetables are more healthy than the amount of additives and crap they put into those powdered flavour sachets things, have you even read what's in them??? It's disgusting!!!

I find vegetables EXTREMELY nice to eat and it's much more healthy, filling and tasty than a sachet full of ****e.

EDIT: I don't get the last bit either, nowhere did I imply that a Burger King for example, would be healthy if you added loads of vegetables, I'm apply this to the ****ty instant noodles which are packed full of rubbish!!!!
username156343
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used to love pot noodles a while back, I just find them really boring now.

I love the proper noodles, the ones that are like pot noodles in the way you make them except you re-cover the top while it cooks. And super noodles are nice too
RosiePosiePuddingAndPie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lazza)
the local asian food shop does a really nice satay one. so yummy

does anyone remember doll noodles?
They were the best noodles ever! The mushroom flavour *drools*

I've recently discovered a type of Blue Dragon instant noodles. They're "chicken" flavour, and in a paper bowl/cup type thing. But they're proper noodles, not Pot Noodle type noodles. They're really quite yummy. And you get a plastic fork in there!

I quite often buy cheap instant noodles and add an OXO cube or something similar, instead of adding the flavouring they come with, if they're normally weak tasting or a bit icky flavoured.
lazza
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i love getting udon noodles and adding stock to it. such a nice soup!

so upset you cant get doll noodles anymore though only in hong kong
http://www.doll.com.hk/doll_jsp-bin/...?categoryid=19
HJV
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used to eat those for lunch when I was like 10, but then I learned to cook.
Shask
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by HJV)
I used to eat those for lunch when I was like 10, but then I learned to cook.
Lunch? I can only normally have my instant noodles really late, like 10PM+, don't know why
SuffocatedAnxiety
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mmmmm Noodly goodness, especially BBQ Beef flavour. Much prefer noodles in chinese form though, chow mein, yummage!
Bennyboy65
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To OP:

In answer to your egg problem...fry an egg, then place it ontop of ur cooked noodles and break the yolk...this covers the noodles in the yolk and is amazing! My thai and chinese friends used to do this!
xDeribbzx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Micro noodles #1 ..x
Elvendork
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bavarian Motor Works)
I would rather have someone car in a cup and then add boiling pi$$ than eat pot noodles/instant noodles.
You've obviously never lived then!
Instant Noodles = YUM! Especially the cheap ones in tesco :yep:
Shask
(Original post by Bennyboy65)
To OP:

In answer to your egg problem...fry an egg, then place it ontop of ur cooked noodles and break the yolk...this covers the noodles in the yolk and is amazing! My thai and chinese friends used to do this!
I imagine that would work great, but I'm sort of looking for an easier way, lol. Frying an egg is a pretty big hassle compared to making the noodles (and not very healthy..?)
Bennyboy65
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Shask)
I imagine that would work great, but I'm sort of looking for an easier way, lol. Frying an egg is a pretty big hassle compared to making the noodles (and not very healthy..?)
Use a minimum amount of oil, and it can be quite healthy. Also, if you cant be bothered to fry an egg (takes 2mins) then u must be damn lazy!
Shask
(Original post by Bennyboy65)
Use a minimum amount of oil, and it can be quite healthy. Also, if you cant be bothered to fry an egg (takes 2mins) then u must be damn lazy!
Hehe, that's the whole point of instant noodles though - lazy man's food :p:
Bennyboy65
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yea, I spose
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1236)
79.59%
Leave (317)
20.41%

Watched Threads