Tania_R
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
List your revision tips and subjects that you are struggling with.
Recent mock grades are also welcome!
Yamom365
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Mock grades so far:
Literature 8
Language 6
Maths 8
Religion 9
Art 6/7
History6/7
Biology 9
Chemistry 9
Physics 9-7

Revision tips:

PAST PAPERS
flashcards
Just write notes from revision guides and reread them again and again.
Make sure you know what you're revising. Like for which paper and for when.
Make a revision timetable and please for the love of god stick with it.
mhudson2015
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
For me the best way to revise is to make notes on everything needed (mainly used for sciences). Then I rewrite all the notes again on a word document. Seemed to work because I got 9 in chemistry and physics, and 8 in biology.
For maths, I just do loads of past papers and go through questions in the textbooks
For history, just make notes on each topic. I use a "RAG" form, so I know which topics I am the weakest at.
Business, I did my notes and just read through them loads
I got 9 in RE gcse by planning questions that could possibly come up.
I take German, but most people at my school is Memrise, Kerboodle and Vocab Express, which seemed to work for all of us
Tania_R
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yamom365)
Mock grades so far:
Literature 8
Language 6
Maths 8
Religion 9
Art 6/7
History6/7
Biology 9
Chemistry 9
Physics 9-7

Revision tips:

PAST PAPERS
flashcards
Just write notes from revision guides and reread them again and again.
Make sure you know what you're revising. Like for which paper and for when.
Make a revision timetable and please for the love of god stick with it.
Any specific tips for physics, especially electromagnetism and waves? I'm assuming you do triple science. For English language, how do you revise (Question 5)?
Well done on those amazing grades!
Last edited by Tania_R; 3 months ago
Tania_R
Rep:
?
(Original post by mhudson2015)
For me the best way to revise is to make notes on everything needed (mainly used for sciences). Then I rewrite all the notes again on a word document. Seemed to work because I got 9 in chemistry and physics, and 8 in biology.
For maths, I just do loads of past papers and go through questions in the textbooks
For history, just make notes on each topic. I use a "RAG" form, so I know which topics I am the weakest at.
Business, I did my notes and just read through them loads
I got 9 in RE gcse by planning questions that could possibly come up.
I take German, but most people at my school is Memrise, Kerboodle and Vocab Express, which seemed to work for all of us
Specific tips for physics? Especially for triple science. Congrats on the amazing mock grades, hopefully you get even better for your real exam!
Additonally, for the required practicals, do you read the notes? or do you practice application questions?
mhudson2015
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
For physics I asked my for loads of past papers. For us the grade boundaries were really low. My friend only got 46% which was a 6. For the required practicals, we were given AQA books that focus on them. They were really helpful as the questions were similar to the actual test. Electromagnetism will probably come up, cos I asked around other schools and they all had it. I just learned all the definitions my heart and it worked for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (254)
34%
No (493)
66%

Watched Threads