Is Brexit really going to happen? Watch

ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)

I can understand your anger at remainer parliamentarians of last parliament but I wouldn't call it hubris. I think you are being far too nice, they were beyond arrogant with a belief of self brilliance. They were vacuous in the way they totally misread the situation. They genuinely believed leave voters were so stupid and unaware and genuinely thought moderate voters shared their distain for leave voters. They really over rated their intelligence and awareness, they blew it for every single moderate person in the country.
I don;t want to totally blame remainers. As much as I have a problem with a lot of the key players they were broadly on the progressive side of politics and there are a whole load of problems with leaving the EU if you are a progressive of any shape. But it really ****ing annoys me how new labour types, who made thier career on starting with where the public are, demanded labour go for another referendum, and are now soley blaiming corbyn and the labour left for having it blow up in thier faces.
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
We tried placating you lot and look what happened. WE ARE LEAVING. 52% is a bigger segment than any general election mandate.

The EU elections are a protest vote with lower turn out. And the Brexit party got the most MPs.

The poeple have just elected a government on explicitly leaving the EU grounds. Maybe Corbyn was a terrible spokeperson, but I doubt the same poeple in the Red Wall seats that lent thier votes for Brexit Boris would have voted for a New Labour spad telling them to remain in the EU.
While all this may be true, the simple fact is that the majority of people are against Brexit, so you were wrong to say that "the people want to leave the EU".

As I said, the fact that Leavers keep repeating this nonsense indicates that they know that Brexit is neither the popular nor the sensible option.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (4)
25%
My career doesn't need one (1)
6.25%
I'm sick of studying (3)
18.75%
I can't find a course I want to do (1)
6.25%
I don't know enough about them (1)
6.25%