Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does this vary for each uni?

I've applied for halls for Manchester University, what date is it likely to be that I move in?

ReputationRep:
    I think it does vary. Mine's September 17th but I hear some move in on like Sept 29th for example.

ReputationRep:
    sept 20th for me at kent uni

ReputationRep:
    For me I think it is the 28th(ish) September, at Lancaster.

Not sure about Manchester though. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    im at manchester wooo!

well most people moved in the sat/sun before freshers week, i think thats the 22/21 of sept.
    not much will go on on the sat, usually sunday eve is busy though
    whats halls you staying in?

ReputationRep:
    freshers starts on the 22nd, but I've heard about people moving in on the 20th? I think halls are open the weekend before. I think I'll go up on the 20th.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Weekend of 27/28th for me. It should be on your university's website.

ReputationRep:
    If I get into Sheffield I think I will go up on the 20th.
    It all depends on the Uni, but most people go up a week before term starts for registration and freshers anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    freshers starts on the 22nd, but I've heard about people moving in on the 20th? I think halls are open the weekend before. I think I'll go up on the 20th.
    starts on the monday until the followin sunday, not saturday the 20th.

its open the week before for international students who find it hard booking/timing flights ect. place will be empty friday 19th of september in manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheonixx)
    starts on the monday until the followin sunday, not saturday the 20th.

its open the week before for international students who find it hard booking/timing flights ect. place will be empty friday 19th of september in manchester.
    is what I posted not right then? It'll be open the weekend from the 20th, until freshers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    is what I posted not right then? It'll be open the weekend from the 20th, until freshers?
    nah, halls will be open, but there wont be many people there, ask in the manchester forum, more more ideas?

ReputationRep:
    sept 20th at Birmingham university

ReputationRep:
    I'm really early for mine... I move on on the 29th August... a week after I come back from Edinburgh!!

ReputationRep:
    21st Sept for me, at Teesside.

ReputationRep:
    Im moving in on September 1st, i booked mine privately through Unite so i got a choice of either September 1st or October 1st, the latter would have meant i missed freshers/the start of Uni so September 1st it is.

ReputationRep:
    I havent been told yet. I don't even know where I'm going though. If its my firm choice (Strathclyde) and I get in then probably 21st/22nd of September. If its my insurance (Man Met) then it depends on if I go to private halls or whatever. No idea really.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.