Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is is with facebook that you hate to do, but you just can't stop yourself. like some sick addiction.

i personally am a 'f5' presser. i know there isn't going to be any notifications or changes since i last pressed it, which was probably about 51 seconds ago, but i neeeed to.

another thing is that i alwaaaays look through my own photos/profile. so basically i facebook stalk myself. this can not be normal lol. *looks fro selfhelp groups*

oh yeah, and drunk facebooking. that shizzle should be illegal. :woo:

what are your facebook peeves?

ReputationRep:
    There's not really anything compulsive that I do. Given that facebook is merely a tool for me to keep in contact with people I no longer live near, I'm not too involved. I have four pictures on my profile and of those, one is of me. I have a few applications that I keep up with and some that I don't, but I spend about ten minutes a day on facebook. I get on, do what I need to do and go about my day.

ReputationRep:
    I have the "f5" problem. Which i also have on here too, just in case someone has quoted me.

I swear in the last 10 minutes, i've pressed it at least 30 times. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Pressing F5 would require me to move my hand from the mouse. Firefox with All-in-one Gestures installed allows me to accomplish the same with a quick up-down motion with the right mouse button depressed. Mouse gestures are great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonboym)
    What is is with facebook that you hate to do, but you just can't stop yourself. like some sick addiction.

i personally am a 'f5' presser. i know there isn't going to be any notifications or changes since i last pressed it, which was probably about 51 seconds ago, but i neeeed to.

another thing is that i alwaaaays look through my own photos/profile. so basically i facebook stalk myself. this can not be normal lol. *looks fro selfhelp groups*

oh yeah, and drunk facebooking. that shizzle should be illegal. :woo:

what are your facebook peeves?

step up your game and get facebook on your mobile like me then you can be woken up the minute someone walls you, haha
    i spend hours looking at facebook, but my biggest peeve would be all the invites you get, and being informed every action your crush/ex gf takes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheonixx)
    but my biggest peeve would be all the invites you get, and being informed every action your crush/ex gf takes
    ahh yeah, there's nothing worse lol. that's enough for me to log out for half hour!

ReputationRep:
    i facebook stalk myself too
    i'm always going through photos of me and untagging them, this is important though as when i first look at them i go through so quickly pretending i am not a drunken mess, it takes me about a week or so until i have the courage to look at them properly and start the untagging process which completely ruins the use of untagging as most people will already have seen them sorry i'm babbling

what i hate the most is when strangers add me as a friend on facebook :mad: it's just an extra chore to click ignore grrr, also i hate poking what is the point of it, i never know what to do :puppyeyes: i refuse to poke back and usually end up ignoring them but i feel bad if it's someone i sort of met, sooo i always have pokes just sitting there for two weeks whilst i decide what to do :no:

i think i may think about these things too much :sad:

ReputationRep:
    oooh another one,
    when you have 50 friends in common, but you never met the person.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have one.

I do however hate being flooded with those application invite things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayzy)

also i hate poking what is the point of it, i never know what to do :puppyeyes: i refuse to poke back and usually end up ignoring them but i feel bad if it's someone i sort of met, sooo i always have pokes just sitting there for two weeks whilst i decide what to do :no:

i think i may think about these things too much :sad:
    if someone pokes me, then it is on my friend! a no holds barred pokefest, it's been going on about 4 months now. i think i'm just edging it. i have the stamina for such a battle.

ReputationRep:
    aww, the updates from the ex is the worst...but you can always change your settings...

ReputationRep:
    Not a peeve, but how long do you leave it when someone you like posts on your wall? I mean do I reply straight away, but then I look sad and I'm trying to play it cool so should I leave it, or?

It's not F5 for me, but Ctrl+R.

ReputationRep:
    ha I facebook people that I went to school with, that are idiots and go through their photos to send the worst ones with witty comments to my close friends who do the same...we are really cool.

EG- the fourth girl in this picture is seriously wearing this for a night out..where no form of fancy dress is invloved. A khaki green satin-y jumpsuit, what the hell? The strappy heels are a nice touch too.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._2430210_n.jpg

ReputationRep:
    hahaha what the hell is she doing!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.