The Student Room Group

confuzzled over boy situation!!

:confused: Hey, well I was just after some advice over a boy situation really!

I like this boy and he says he likes me.
I used to go out with him last summer and he really liked me and i really liked him but I stupidly cheated on him :frown: which i regret so so much. Last September we both went away to our unis (him in leeds and me in plymouth) and we didnt speak, because of the situation (I cheated on him etc.) and then around end of October time he spoke to me on msn and asked me how uni wa etc. and then he turned nasty and said 'are you shagging whatever dick you can now?' I just remained evasive and did not rise to the bait. He then confessed that he was really sorry and wanted to speak to me on the phone (sorry for what I have no idea as I was the one who cheated!) In december when we were both back home we had sex, which was good and that I enjoyed :p: from my understanding, although we never spoke about it, this was just a random casual thing and we were not going out again because it would be too difficult given the distant that our unis are apart...

In february I started going out with this guy I really liked at my uni and my ex (the one i had sex with at xmas) found out about this through facebook as my relationship status changed and he texted me saying that he wanted me and I was the only girl he liked etc i spoke to him and it was obvious he wanted me to dump my boyfriend and i didnt and we didnt speak again for a month or so. At easter we saw each other and we had sex again but he was distant and cold toward me.

Now obviously we're both back for the summer holidays and things have become weird and I just want to read the signs right! I'm single and so is he to my knowledge and everytime i go out clubbing (which is 3/4 times a week) I speak to him on the fone the morning after and he has the last couple of times interrogated me about who ive been with and where ive gone out! he also asks if the friends i go out with have boyfriends or get off with people when they go out clubbing with me!

also yesterday i apologised for cheating on him last summer and he seemed like he didnt care and he even said he didnt know i had cheated on him, but i know 100% he did because he mentioned it! he even suggested we werent going out, but we definitely were as we agreed to not see other people!!

I'm just really confused at the moment and could do with someone impartial telling me why hes acting this way! I still really like him and would like to go out with him again! and it may be worth mentioning that im transferring universities for my second year and ill be alot closer to his uni so if we were to go out it could probably work so much better than it would have before!

anyway thanks for reading this far and hope you can give me some good advice!:redface:
Reply 1
It sounds like you're more of the single type, maybe it would be best to keep things casual.
Reply 2
What a mess, ur just like ****** buddies. I dont think a relationship will work. Stay friends with him, or cut all contacts. Everytime u get a bf he will get jealous and contact u asking for u to split with him. Like i said, its a mess. Think about what ya want, and sort it out asap. Ya head must be all over place right now.
To me it, looks like a classic trick of acting cold towards the girl to make her want him more, and it seems to be working!

The fact that you say he interrogates you looks to me like he is very jealous and wants you back, and the (possible) reasons he seemed like he didn't care when you apologized to him for cheating on him were because either 1. he wants to look cool, and make you apologize to him or 2. he didn't want to start a fight because he wants you back.

I would be careful how much you show him that you like him atm since he's still going through the "I'm acting hard so i look cool" phase. Remember, this could also all be to get some closure (sex and all)

Hope that helps a bit, if you need an impartial guy to talk to, feel free to PM me :smile:
Reply 4
electro_girl
I'm just really confused at the moment and could do with someone impartial telling me why hes acting this way!

He doesn't believe in himself enough to move on with his life. That's why he's prepared to forgive (and even pretend they never happened) your transgressions.
he's unable to move on and i don't think having sex with him helps as it gives him the wrong impression

Latest

Trending

Trending