Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was walking down a road in a rough area in birmingham yesterday, sparkhill if you've heard of it, and I got mugged by a gang of asians!! They took my phine and Ipod! WTF do I do?? My parents are away in India at the moment so I havnt told them! But WTF do I do????? I dont want to call the police cuz there nothing I can tell them really, It was kinda dark and I didnt see anything! This is the first time its happend to me, and im **** scared to go out now!!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else been mugged???? I ***** feel like crying!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Go to the police and report the crime. Because if you can get them replaced if they are insured, i think with ipods, they are only insured for a year. Then go and visit all the local pawn shops to see if anyones brought in your ipod and phone in exchange for cash.

You should definitely report it to the police.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely go to the police!!

ReputationRep:
    Have you phoned up to get your phone blocked? I'd ring the police anyway, although I'm not sure anything will come of it.

I've never been mugged but I can imagine how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    You can tell them you were mugged.

ReputationRep:
    The police won't do ****, they won't bother investigating a mugging, but report it for insurance purposes anyway.

ReputationRep:
    You need to report it to the police to get a crime reference number to give to your insurance company if you make a claim. You should do this today. Call the police station direct if you want to - number will be in the phone book or on yell.com. You just need to tell them what happened, when and what got stolen. They give you the reference number and that's about it.

Sounds terrible though. Anyway you can tell your parents?

ReputationRep:
    Ye ye i got my phone blocked, dunno about the Ipod guarantee, I dont have insurance on it (well I know i havnt paid any extra for it).

ReputationRep:
    You need to tell the Police.

My bike got stolen last year and lucky enough the Police returned it :]

So there is hope

.X.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear..it happens and its a *****.
    I've never been personally mugged yet but a lot of my friends have and its a bad experience.

As the others said go and report it to the police.If your phone and iPod are covered by insurance then you may be covered.

Just curious but did they just approach you and take your stuff or were you holding your stuff?

All the best

P.S.I agree the police won't do much because I remember someone stole my iPod in school and all I got was a ref number and a flipping victim support sheet :mad2: arghh

ReputationRep:
    report it, then wait till you see said gang when youre with a load of your mates, you can erm claim back what was stolen

ReputationRep:
    make sure you call your phone company and get your phone blocked and then report it to the police dude because then at least you could get something back if they were insured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History Rocks)
    My bike got stolen last year and lucky enough the Police returned it :]
    Well, they shouldn't have taken it in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    and also, I dont mean to sound hard or anything, but Im not a pussy, but I just completely froze when they started gettin rough! And i ***** hate it now! I actually feel like going back down there with my Aston crew, with bats n ****, and tryin to find them again to knock them the *** out! Im not a gangster or anything, but I roll 20 deep, we could take em! thats it, im ***** doing it, ring up my mates and we'll go back down there tonight! Im ***** PISSSED of that this has happend, and I swear I want to just smash someones face in!!!!

ReputationRep:
    welcome to london.
    EDIT: oh wait, birmingham. :rolleyes: even worse then

ReputationRep:
    : (
    That sucks. Did they threaten you with a weapon or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holla_at_ya)
    and also, I dont mean to sound hard or anything, but Im not a pussy, but I just completely froze when they started gettin rough! And i ***** hate it now! I actually feel like going back down there with my Aston crew, with bats n ****, and tryin to find them again to knock them the *** out! Im not a gangster or anything, but I roll 20 deep, we could take em! thats it, im ***** doing it, ring up my mates and we'll go back down there tonight! Im ***** PISSSED of that this has happend, and I swear I want to just smash someones face in!!!!
    not wanting to condone violence or anything, but yeah i agree with you

ReputationRep:
    You sound hysterical. Obviously, most people do get into a panic after such a thing happening.
    I'm not being an idiot, but try to calm down first.

Once you relax, you can probably remember more about the event that you think, try to write down anything you can, the police might find it useful later.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.