Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The pressure's on... Third years already have 'em but for the rest of us it's just under two hours to wait now. Panicking at all ? Confident you'll get whatever it is you wanted/poredicted yourself ?

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't really nervous before, but now that I've woken up I'm starting to feel the pressure I didn't think the exams went particularly bad, nor did I think they went particularly well, however, I'm moderately confident I've done enough to pass all of my modules, which is all I'm hoping for really considering the complete lack of work I've done during the first year (a mistake I will not be making again :P).

As long as I don't have to resit any modules or the first year, I'll be happy!

ReputationRep:
    Funny how the stress only really hits you as the deadline nears eh ? Yeah first year is the time to have fun. Do you think you did alright in MA100 & ST102 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedsdude)
    Wasn't really nervous before, but now that I've woken up I'm starting to feel the pressure I didn't think the exams went particularly bad, nor did I think they went particularly well, however, I'm moderately confident I've done enough to pass all of my modules, which is all I'm hoping for really considering the complete lack of work I've done during the first year (a mistake I will not be making again :P).

As long as I don't have to resit any modules or the first year, I'll be happy!
    I'm feeling exactly the same.

a question to second years - do the results get posted on time or is there usually some waiting around e.t.c.

Good luck, guys.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I can't really remember how it was last year. I'm pretty sure there was no "material" waiting, if any at all. Good luck !

ReputationRep:
    just about to check....

ReputationRep:
    "Sorry, this service is currently unavailable. Please try again later. "

ReputationRep:
    got my marks, passed all of them

ReputationRep:
    Same, thank god

ReputationRep:
    did you do EC102? how did that go?

ReputationRep:
    Also one more question. My total marks are 263, so my average mark is 65.75.

Therefore, will my mark for the year be rounded to 66 and be the 1st of my 'nine scores'?

ReputationRep:
    Econ went alright for me, it was my 2nd best module; wasn't brilliant but it was enough for a pass. This is the way I've been told the first year is calculated:

Take your 4 scores, ignore the worst one, so you're taking an average of the remaining (best) 3 - that average is 1/9th of your degree. You then do 4 modules each year, each of which are worth 1/9th.

I'm slightly disappointed at how I did, but at the same time I'm very happy I didn't fail any modules. Ah well, gonna work my ass off for the next 2 years to hopefully ensure a 2:1/1st.

ReputationRep:
    Ok that turns out even better.

By average mark is 67.333333

does that get rounded up to 68 or down to 67?

ReputationRep:
    Probably down, but it's not like the extra point is going to be a dealbreaker... Pretty happy with my results, but I'll need to crank it up another notch next year to make sure I not only get very near a first, I actually get one. Relieved that none of my marks were below 2.1

ReputationRep:
    First - well above expectations. EC102 has surely been bumped up.
    Any guesses on what the highest average scores for 1st year are like? 90s?

ReputationRep:
    Ppl managed 92,3,4 last year

ReputationRep:
    I passed, that's all I care about.

ReputationRep:
    Similar to a post above ... my friend averaged 59.66 ... for her three top modules. What class do think will be given for this?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Depends if it's rounded up or down, which I don't know for sure (nor do I particularly care :P). If the person who said down is correct, then it'll be a high 2:2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedsdude)
    Depends if it's rounded up or down, which I don't know for sure (nor do I particularly care :P). If the person who said down is correct, then it'll be a high 2:2.
    No, it's probably rounded to the nearest full mark. I said "down" earlier because 67.33 is closer to 67 than 68.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 22, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.